Chapter Twelve- Our home.

~Kirsten's point of view~

It's Monday. The weekend was weird. Both of our families and friends came by daily. Daniel and Sam had helped the girls move into my house. Both girls asked if the guys could stay. I think Daniel is going to move in with Meredith, but Sam is only going down on weekends. Things between Deacon and I are weird. We rarely talk about anything but Zane. He touches me every chance he gets and peppers my neck and shoulders with kisses before we go to sleep, but he hasn't kissed me again.

Deacon has gone out to do his discharge paperwork. Sam knows that we're going somewhere together after discharge. We've kept it all to ourselves. The plan is my mom is dropping my dad off here. He's driving my car. Zane and I are going with Deacon, and we're following him. Darren will take my dad home, so he's following us.

The utilities at the new house are all in my dad's name. He didn't want it to be traced to Deacon or me. He's paying for them anyway. He made it clear that my mom and siblings no nothing about it. He also said if they ask after Sia is caught that Deacon owns it. According to Daniel, people have had sightings of her, but nothing has been confirmed.

Sam: "Are you excited?"

He is sitting with us while Deacon works on getting Zane released.

Kirsten: "Yes and no. I'm glad to be leaving."

Sam: "But?"

Kirsten: "Things are weird with Deacon." "

Sam: "Weird, how? I thought you two were together after that kiss Friday."

Kirsten: "No. It hasn't been bad, just weird."

Sam: "Maybe things will change once you're away from the hospital and in your own space."

Kirsten: "We're skipping a lot of things."

Sam: "You two are in a situation where you have to."

Kirsten: "I know."

Deacon comes back with my dad and Darren with him.

Sam: "It's time for me to go, Sweetheart."

He hugs me and kisses my cheek. He goes over and hugs Zane and kisses his forehead.

Sam: "Bye, Little Man."

Zane: "Bye, Sam."

Zane and Sam both seem a little sad.

My heart hurts a little. I don't know how long it will be before I get to see him again. It's going to be hard. I don't love him anymore, but I do care about him. He says bye to the guys. I want to cry, but I don't. Deacon walks over to Zane.

Deacon: "Ready to go home, Little Man?"

Zane: "Yeah."

Deacon: "Let's get you unhooked."

Zane: "Ok."

He undoes his IV, lifts him off the bed, sits him down, and he ran to me.

Zane: "Mama, we go home?"

Kirsten: "Yes. Let's get you dressed."

Zane: "Ok."

I grab his bag. I take him to the bathroom and shower him. After he's dressed, we go back out. Just Deacon is there. Zane goes over to him; he picks him up.