7 : Just the Two of Us

After a long two hours of trip on the road, they arrived at home safely.

"I'm going to take a shower first. I'll call you when I'm done." Brahms said, taking off his coat. Angel nodded in respond. "Alright. I'll be in the library." She retorted while doing the same thing as Brahms just now.

Angel went to the kitchen to eat some strawberry jam sandwich and drink some milk before made her way to the library. She looked around the room with a smile drawn on her face. It reminded her of her childhood. She often went to her hometown library with her grandmother, searching for fantasy books to read. She would borrow as much books as possible and managed to finish them in a week. One book for a day. 

And it reminded her of how people used to call her 'a bibliophile Angel'. Oh how she wanted to go back to the past.  But something made her refuse to do that because of her broken family. She couldn't afford to feel broken even more than she already had.

She shook her head, not wanting to remember all of those nightmares. She should focus on the present. She had Brahms now. A guy that was abnormally tall and strong but deeply inside was just a little boy who needed an empathy. He just wanted people to understand his feelings, to be proud of his doings,love him and care for him.

Even though she didn't know what exactly happened to him, by the look of his behaviour before, it seemed like he's been broken several times. Poor guy.

Her thoughts were bothered by something that felt like a presence behind her back. She felt arms were surrounding her waist ever so softly. Chin was resting on her head. By the fragrance that was blessing her nostrils, she knew well it was Brahms. He gave her a bear hug from the back. She put her hands on top of his and smiled.

"That was one of the fastest shower I've ever known." She said in a joking tone. She couldn't see Brahms's face but she could feel that he was smiling. "Who's the second,then?" He asked, still smiling. "Me." She retorted.

"You know the ways to make my day, aren't you?" Brahms replied. "Maybe."

Angel then whipped out from his arms, standing on her tip toes and with two palms on his shoulders to kiss both of his cheeks. Brahms was shocked for a moment before letting out a laugh. Angel was planning to run but Brahms was faster and pulled her back to him to give her another tender hug before kissing her forehead.

"I don't know what I'd do without you." He breathed. Angel gave him a reassuring smile in reply. "Me neither." Said her. They locked eyes for a sweet minute but Angel broke their gaze and tapped Brahms's chest softly. "Your girl needs to shower before continuing the rest of her day. See you in a bit."

Brahms replied with a slight nod. After getting an approval, Angel walked out of the library with an ear to ear smile. She was blushing.

I kissed him on the cheeks!

~*~

It was now nine o'clock in the night. They were both just laying down in front of the fireplace with their heads resting on a pillow. They filled their boredom with reading. Brahms was holding the book while reading it. Angel just fixing her ears to hear everything he spoke about.

"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will." Read Brahms.

"What's your opinion about this quotation?" He asked, turning his head to look at Angel. There she was, with the peaceful view of her face, sleeping. Her always glistening and mesmerising green eyes were closed neatly. He closed the book and placed it on the side of his left. He then twirled to his right to have a better look at her sleeping face. Hands were placed underneath his cheeks. He beamed lovingly.

The stare was going on for a good 3 minutes before he sat up and covered her body with a blanket to warm her up. Brahms decided to sleep with her there to get the warmth of the heat from the fireplace.

Even after a month, it was still snowing there making the atmosphere a little bit hard to move around without wearing a suitable clothes.

A strand of hair fell to Angel's eyes making Brahms panicking but cooled down when he knew Angel didn't wake up by accident. He slowly slid his finger to hide the strand of her hair to the back or her ear. He threw her a smile again; without being noticed of course.

Brahms get into the same blanket as Angel and decreasing their distance. He hugged her with caution.

"Hugging you is the best thing I could ever pray for." He whispered softly. Angel moved slightly making Brahms jolted in shock. Angel was still sleeping but at the same time, she was moving even more closer to him and leaned her head onto his chest with a smile. She was comfortable. And that comfiness made him happy.

He just admired her for an hour before finally drifted off to his dreams.

~*~

Angel was awoken by the brightness of the sunlight that was poking her eyes. She rubbed her eyes. She opened her eyes to see Brahms was sleeping soundly really close to her and that her palm was leaning on his chest. She took that opportunity to stare at his sleeping face. His eyelashes made him even more gorgeous. She then raised her hand and brushed his cheek using her thumb while beaming. 

Her cold hand made Brahms moved slightly and blinked hard. He opened his eyes and there Angel was, smiling at him. He touched her hand that was on his cheek and replied back with a smile. Both of them realised how beautiful each other's eyes were for them to stared at each other in awe. Angel broke the silence;

"Good morning, Brahms." She wished him. "Good morning, sweetheart." The word 'sweetheart' just accidentally went out from his mouth. They were both were a bit surprised by the endearment but also shy.  Angel covered her face quickly using the blanket. Her actions made Brahms chuckled.

"Do you not like it?" He asked. Angel lowered the blanket from her face. "Like what?" She retorted a question. "The endearment sweetheart."

"Of course I like it, Brahms. But we're not legally tied yet for you to call me such endearments."  Replied Angel.

"What if I say I want to be tied legally with you, now?" Said Brahms.

"Now?"

"Mhm. Being so carefree like this feels so wrong especially when we're not yet married."

"I thought I am the only one who thinks that."

Suddenly, they both thought of the same thing.

"You must be a true believer."

Brahms and Angel looked at each other in silence before bursting out a laugh. They both shook their heads, still laughing.

17.4.2021