5.5 : Epilogue

After lunch, Angel put Alan to sleep while Brahms was waiting in front of the fireplace for heating up. He waited there patiently for a sweet 5 minutes before Angel arrived and invited herself to sit by him. The situation filled with silence before Brahms breaking it.

"What happened..?" He asked, slowly turned his position to face her. She looked into his eyes calmly. "After I bought your clothes and finished my business at the bank, I felt like I was being followed by someone. Not going to lie, it was scary but I need to be strong somehow to get back so I was being so cautious and aware. That's when I heard a sound like something was swinging defeating the air flow and that was when I slid off to the right but I accidentally collided my face to the wall. That explains why my nose was and still bleeding. Heheh." Explained Angel. Brahms face was still serious.

"Heheh?? You just "heheh" me? Are you dumb? I'm worried sick about all of these wounds and bruises but you said "heheh"? Why are you so dumb. Not just dumb but stupid idiot. Don't "heheh" me if anything like this happened again. Understand?" Brahms said agitatedly. Angel furrowed her eyebrows. She nodded softly.

"Understood."

Brahms face changed guilty. He cupped Angel's face tenderly and lifted her face so that her eyes would see straight into his. "I'm sorry. I was just so worried. Didn't mean to label you those harsh words."

She shook her head. "It's alright. I don't mind. I am stupid anyways."

He brushed his thumbs on her cheeks. He then lean towards her face to touched their forehead together.

They smiled.

——————

It was snowing when they've finally parted. Angel stood up and walked towards the window. She smiled.

"Brahms, It's snowing!" she yelled. Brahms laughed and nod.

"Oh, yes. I almost forgot. I want to talk to you about something."

"Yes,sure. Go ahead."

"I...could only pay for one month rental."

Brahms furrowed his brows.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I don't wanna be a freeloader here...I'm planning on getting a job to pay you monthly."

"No. You don't need to do that."

"No. I need to do it."

"No, you don't and I won't allow you to do it."

Angel walked fast to him. She immediately wrapped her arms around him. Brahms was shocked. He was just stiff but looked down to Angel's face.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Hugging you." She unhesitatingly spoke back.

"Okay...so when are you going to let me go then?"

"Never. Until you allow me to get a job."

"Then, you may hug me until I die. I will never let you get a job."

She looked up at him with puppy eyes.

"Why?"

Brahms sighed. "I don't need your money. Not trying to brag about this but I really don't need your money because I already have plenty of it. I don't even know what to do with it. I just need someone to talk to and to care for. Don't give me anything. I just want you to stay here with me. That's all I ever asked for." He confessed.

Angel stayed quiet for a moment before hugging him even more tightly. He hugged her back and rested his chin onto her head.

Suddenly, they heard a loud thump from upstairs. They immediately looked at each other with a worried expressions.

"Alan." Brahms said.

They both then sprinted upstairs.

"Alan!" Angel shouted as soon as she entered his room. She was terrified to imagine something bad happening to her little cousin. But there he was, still sleeping soundly without any harm was done to him.

She ran towards sleeping Alan. Angel hugged his little figure tightly.

"Oh great God. Thank goodness." She said, kissing his face endlessly making Alan woken up.

"Big sis Angie..?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Alan..." Brahms said, looking at Alan with a relieved face.

Alan cupped Angel's face using his little hands. "What's wong big sis Angie..? You otay?"

Angel shook her head. "Yes, baby. I'm okay."

27.2.2021

A/N : Ah, feels good to be back. How's everyone doing/feeling? Is everyone alright there? I'm doing good here. I'm so sorry for this late publish. I'm busy with my online classes since I'll be taking the national examination later this year. I am covering the late publish with this short epilogue.

Thank you for reading my humble story. I love each one of you so much. Please take care. Stay safe, eat healthily and wish you a lovely days ahead everyone! ❤️🌸🌿🌷❤️✨