3 : Please Stay

He felt something or someone was shaking his arm the next morning.

What is this..? He thought.

"Brahms.."
"Brahms.."
"Brahms.."

"Brahms...wake up."

He opened and blinked his eyes hard to the sunlight that was pouring through the windows. He saw Angel's face along the way, staring down at him closely. He could see her green eyes even more glistening then it already was,effect by the sunlight.

She's so close..what a pretty eyes she has. Am I dreaming? Hasn't she left yet?

Wait,

The doll.

"Brahms..?" She called again. "What?" Brahms said, sitting up with his hand scratching his eyes. "Good morning! Hehe." She wished him. "Mmh, morning."

"You see, I found this doll just now! He's so cute. Look!" Angel said, excitedly showing Brahms the 'treasure' she had found. Brahms's face changed.

His plan to make her stay using that doll was now crashed. That's it. She's going to leave him.

Screw this.

"Where did you find it?" He asked, sternly. No jokes were written on his face. It was fully serious. "In the child's room. He was sitting on the edge of the bed." She answered the question, still smiling.

"Are you smiling right now? Seriously you can smile right now..?!" His voice was raised making Angel jumped at it. "Why..?"

"Were you born just to barge in people's territory?? Don't you have any respect? Seriously you just smiled to something you did and you knew it was wrong?!?" Brahms was yelling at her continuously.

"But it was opened...I mean the door, the door was already opened.." she spoken up with guilts, tried to defend herself.

"I don't care! I don't care, Angel. What you did was totally wrong. Having the door opened doesn't mean it was meant for you to enter. If a goats barn's door was opened, does that mean the goats want you to join them??? No!"

"Why are you mad at me early in the morning? I was just going to say something about me leaving after showing you the doll."

"That's so great because I want you to leave." He knew well he wasn't meant to say that to her.

Tears started to well up Angel's eyes but she managed to hold it in. Her face was becoming red.

"Okay, I will leave. But I want you to know that your- I mean, our breakfast were ready and I was about to say that I wanted to stay with you if you wouldn't mind but it's shown very clearly that you would literally mind. So I will leave and I will never come back. Ever. Again." She said, purposely pointed out certain words.

She was still managed to hold back her tears while saying those things to Brahms and Brahms just seemed do not care at all. -although it was actually the opposite of it-

He was still looking straight into her eyes. The situation became quiet. Angel slowly put the doll on the edge of the bed beside Brahms and slowly walked backwards, sniffling.

"Thank you, for the room and the strawberry jam sandwich. Goodbye, Brahms."

She turned around and walked towards the door, exiting the room while rubbing her nose. She was nagging about Brahms on the inside. When she had enter her room, she picked up her cellphone and her car key.

Meanwhile in the other room, Brahms was fighting with himself. Cursing in his head about his behaviour towards Angel just now. 

Idiot. Idiot bloke.

He then looked at the doll's empty expression.

Screw you. It was all because of you. Stupid doll.

It was when he heard creaking sound coming from the stairs and adrenaline rushed through his veins ordering him to run to her and tell her the truth. He got off from the bed, walking faster than he usually did, not wanting to lose her.

He arrived downstairs to see Angel was about to turned the doorknob around until he came and hugged her from the back. She was barely standing, shocked from his sudden action. His arms were tightly wrapped around her waist. She turned around as fast as she could and they both slowly fell,sitting down on the floor.

She stretched out her hands, cupping his face tenderly. "Brahms..? Are you alright..? Not feeling well, is it??" She worriedly asked, with a shaky voice.

Brahms was quiet. He can't look at her eyes at all.

She's worried about me even when I was raising my voice at her. Maybe she's truly an Angel. My Angel.

"Brahms?"

He looked at her.

"Are you alright?"

He nodded.

"Then why did you do that?" She asked, with a calm voice.

"Please stay, Angel. I didn't mean to say that to you. I didn't mean to get rid of you. I didn't mean to hurt you. Everyone I knew were  leaving one by one. I don't want that to happen again so I was planning on doing something with the doll but you saw it earlier and I thought you just ruined my plan and you'll leave me, all alone in this big house again. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He spilled everything that was trapped inside him. He cried making her well of tears broke.

"It's okay. I forgive you and me too, I'm so sorry for entering the room without your permission. I'm sorry for using your kitchen without your permission and I'm sorry for touching your face like this without your permission. I promise I will always asked first before doing anything." She confessed.

He chuckled when she said "for touching your face like this without your permission" .

"You silly girl." He said, pulling her into a hug. They both stroked each other's hair tenderly.

"But Brahms..." she called him. "Mmh?"

"I need to go back to my house."

"For what?"

"For taking my belongings from the house because my aunt and her family will live there starting tomorrow."

"And..?"

"I will come back here and live with you..? If you don't mind, of course..."

He replied with a smile on his face. "With pleasure."

They both chuckled at each other.

Angel stand up, offering her hand to him. Brahms took her hand and also stand up. Angel was shaking when Brahms got up.

"You're...a bit heavy, Brahms." She said, shyly. "It's you who're too light and short."

"Hmph, forget it. Are you hungry?" She asked. "Well, of course I am."
"Then, shall we eat?"
"Yes, My future wife."

9.2.2021