𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

Start from the beginning

"Good to see you boys show up. Take your seats and work on your packets." Mrs. Packerton said.

"How much of class did we miss?" Travis asked sitting down.

Phillip leaned in. "5ish minutes. What were you guys even doing?"

"Talking, I guess we just completely missed the bell." Sal shrugged and got to work.

"Hey Phillip, when are the baseball tournaments gonna be?"

"Didn't you hear? They canceled our tournaments because literally nobody wants to play us." Phillip rolled his eyes.

"What? That's so stupid! We worked so hard this year!" Travis scoffed.

"Trav look at it this way, nobody wanted to play because you guys are so good." Sal laughed.

All of them nodded in agreement.

"I hope you boys are working." Mrs. Packerton broke their conversation.

"Have you guys noticed how similar Mrs. Packerton and Roz from Monsters Inc. are?" Sal whispering.

Travis and Phillip held in a laugh, Travis almost being in tears.

"Mike Wazowski." Sal imitated Roz.

Travis snorted, immediately converting his mouth. Thankfully Mrs. Packerton didn't hear them.

After the bell rung Travis and Sal were still making Monsters Inc jokes.

"Sorry Sal I gotta go. See you at lunch." Travis waved and ran off.

"So what were you two laughing about?" Larry asked coming up behind Sal.

"Larry! Why do you care?"

"Don't get snappy. I'm just trying to look out for you."

"Well I don't need you to. I can look out for myself. Besides Travis has gotten a lot better."

"Fine, but when you end up getting hurt don't come crying to me."

"I wouldn't be anyways."

Larry rolled his eyes. "Whatever." He walked away.

The next voice was Todd. "What just happened? You both look so upset."

"I think he's mad at me for giving Travis a chance."

"Oh I'm sorry Sal. You two will work it out, don't worry." Todd patted Sal's back, walking to his next class.

Sal didn't feel like going to class. He was going to skip. They weren't doing anything anyways.

Sal walked to the bathroom and sat on the sink, pulling his phone out. A few minutes later he heard the door open and panicked.

"Oh, hey Sal."

"Trav! You scared me." Sal took a sigh of relief.

"Sorry about that. Are you skipping?"

"How did you know?"

"I'm awesome that's how. So what's wrong? You've never skipped before."

"Yeah it's just," Sal took a shaky breath in. "Larry is upset with me for becoming friends with you. He still thinks you're an asshole."

"Oh I'm.. Sorry Sal. If you want I can stop talking to you in front of him."

"No no! It's fine. I just don't know why he won't believe that you're actually changing."

Travis shrugged. "Maybe he doesn't see me the way you see me."

Travis didn't even notice that Sal took off his prosthetic. He looked over.

"Sal your-"

He was cut off by Sal's scarred lips on his own. He didn't even try to stop him. This felt nice. The butterflies in his stomach began to swarm. His palms got sweaty and his heart began to race.

Travis wasn't very experienced in this, obviously. This was his first kiss. His first kiss was a boy. His first kiss was with... Sal fucking Fisher.

Sal pulled away. "Travis! I'm sorry I just got swept away by the heat of the moment and-"

This time Sal was cut off by Travis' lips. This kiss was shorter but most definitely better.

"Thank you Sal." Travis wasn't that phased by Sal's face... or what was left after the many surgeries.

"I'm glad you changed Travis. I really am."

"Me too Sal." Travis put his forehead on Sal's. Both boys smiling like crazy.

"Good god it was about time. I thought I was gonna have to pretend to be mad at you forever."

Travis and Sal turned, wide eyed.

Larry and Todd were stood by the bathroom door. How stupid could they be. Anyone could've walked in.

"Wait you..?" Travis was lost.

Larry nodded. "Yeah dumbass. I pretended to hate you."

Sal smiled. "So you weren't mad at me?"

"Maybe a little teeny bit but nahh. Congratulations on not being a kiss virgin dude."

"Shut up I hate you."

"Sweet."

Travis gripped Sal's hand. "So how many teachers do you think they sent out to look for us?"

"Probably a million but I'm not going back to class."

Everyone just hung out in the bathroom until lunch.

Everyone that wasn't there got the 'Sal and Travis are like boyfriends now because Larry saw them kiss in the bathroom' speech.

Surprisingly everyone was pretty chill with it, and Travis got to hang out with them a lot more.

He even met Megan. They had private conversations sometimes. Not even Sal was allowed to listen. That was okay though, everyone needs their privacy. Even ghosts.