𝟭𝟳 | 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹

Start from the beginning

What the hell is his problem? It's the damn switch, it just flicked back, and he's back to his broody self.

don't say anything, don't say anything-

"Just when I thought we were making improvements" I blurt out. Thankfully it was more of a mumble, but judging by the way he's looking at me he definitely heard me. "Where do you want to go first?" I ask

"Lead the way, I honestly don't care" we start walking around looking for something that catches our eyes.

Suddenly he has a smirk plastered on his face, "there."

I turn my gaze to whatever he's pointing at and spot a huge ride, 'the zipper' shoots you up and drops you down fast. Something is telling me he was hoping it would scare me, but lucky for him, growing up with a brother means being forced to watch scary movies, and forced to ride all the scariest rides. Now I'm immune.

"Let's go," I respond mirroring his smirk.

We go to the ticket booth closest to the ride and get 10 tickets each. I take out my wallet to pay but Roman hands over a 20 before I can pay, "I was going to pay.'

"Too bad."

"Well thanks, I guess"

We head to the ride's line and wait, "how about we make this interesting." He proposes.

"Elaborate"

"First one to scream, close their eyes, or have any type of reaction to the ride has to answer one question of the others choosing." Not going to lie I'm tempted, I'm 99% sure I won't react.

"Deal," I say with a witty smile.

"Next." The carnival worker says. We step up and give him 2 tickets. We take a seat next to each other, lowering the safety belt. A worker comes around to make sure we were all strapped in. Soon after some music starts playing. Not going to lie it's kind of a bop.

The ride started by slowly lifting us a few feet, suddenly it shoots us up about 25 feet. It took everything in me not to close my eyes, I look over to Roman and he has a blank expression on his face. I look down and see the huge drop that's about to happen.

"New rule. You can close your eyes." I say.

"Don't tell me you're scared Angel?" ugh that stupid nickname that gives me butterflies

"Look me dead in the eyes and tell me that drop doesn't want to make you want to shit yourself." I deadpan.

He looks down and then back up at me, "deal." He says quickly. I smirk at myself and close my eyes preparing for the drop.

I'm going to kill myself oh my god!

I am not about to lose this bet so I start shouting in my mind.

The ride quickly reaches back down to the base of the ride indicating it's over.

thank Jesus.

We both unstrap ourselves and start walking around.

"Since neither of us reacted, how about we both ask a question," I ask him.

Part of me has always wondered who he was talking to on the phone and why he was so mad the day I came home with my pills.

"Deal."

He opens his mouth but I shush him before he can speak. "Not here." I look around until I find the Ferris wheel, "there." I say while pointing.

We walk to the Ferris wheel and thankfully there wasn't a long line so we didn't have to wait long.