Regrets and Runaways

What the fuck is wrong with me? How could I be so judgmental so blindly? I was unable to sleep, tossing and turning while I reflected on my incorrect notions about TJ. My guilt ate me up, and I didn't know what to with it, really. There was a soft knock on my door. "May I come in?" Someone asked from the other side. That wasn't someone I was expecting. I sat up and threw the covers off of me. 

"Yeah, sure, Ryan." He opened the door as I said so. "What's wrong?"

"I was going to ask you the same question. You came home looking pretty upset. Did TJ say something to you?"

"Well of course he said something to me. It would be weird if we were out together in silence." I grabbed onto the sheets of my bed. 

"You know what I meant." He frowned. "What's the matter?"

"He basically told me that I had the wrong impression of him. Do you think I hurt his feelings?"

"Our TJ?" He raised an eyebrow. "He's solid as a rock, I'm sure he'll be just fine." He started for the door. "As long as he didn't tell you you're outta the band or some shit like that."

I shook my head. "No, nothing like that!" Ryan nodded, leaving me alone. Clearly not a big guy for comfort. 

The next day, I was relieved to find that Ryan was right. TJ seemed to forget everything I'd told him the previous day. In fact, he seemed to be under the impression that I was now aware of his love for fine wine and dining. Who would've thought? If anything, he was practically jumping up and down with excitement. Though, I have to admit, some of that may just be happiness at the fact that he was able to successfully manipulate me. Thankfully, we spent the whole day recording in the studio. I didn't get to talk much to anybody about anything that wasn't pertaining to music, and in all honesty, I was ecstatic about that. 

Until of course the end of the day when TJ pulled me aside on my way up the stairs. "Whatcha doin'?" He asked, tipping his head to the side with his hand on either the wall or the banister, swinging back and forth on his heels. 

"Why are you being cute?" I asked, uninterested in playing this game again. 

"I was cursed with this face, I can't help it." A small grin played on his lips. 

"That's not what I meant."

He shrugged. "I know. You didn't answer my question."

"Well I was going up the stairs. I thought that was pretty obvious." 

My disinterest didn't seem to push TJ away at all, as he only continued on, still seeming both relentless and motivated as well. "Were you going to look at a cadaver in your closet or something? You're acting spooky." He let go of the wall and banister and pretended to be shooting an arrow. "Or is my little curse working?"

"Fuck you." I turned and started back up the stairs. 

"You have to wait a month." 

You have got to be kidding me. I rolled my eyes and turned a corner to get away from him. I found myself lost at a door I'd never seen before. On the door was a sign that said 'Chris.'  I was about to walk away when the door opened, revealing Chris. "Hey, Ricky. You look kinda pissed off. Did I do something?"

"No. It's just TJ. Trying to get away from him, y'know?"

"You're welcome to hide out in here then. He's not allowed in my room." He stepped aside and gestured inside to the pitch dark bedroom. 

"Thank you." I walked inside, and he closed the door behind him. He flicked on a switch and a dim yellow light illuminated a messy room. There was a navy blue, plaid comforter on the floor, and messy black sheets underneath of it. Aside from that, cords littered the floor near the only visible outlet in the room. There were also some discarded clothes on the floor, and a ton of makeup near a small mirror hanging on the wall with a table in front of it.  I didn't know where to sit. 

"You can either sit on the floor or the end of the bed if you'd like. I'll try to scare TJ off for ya." He offered a kind smile to end his sentence. I nodded and sat down on the tan carpet. He pointed to one of the corners of the room, where a small TV sat. "There's an Xbox over there if you wanna play something."

"Thanks." I moved over to it immediately, expecting to stay for at least one game. Chris was starting to grow on me. He is, without a doubt, one of the most friendly people I know.