CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Chapter Thirteen

Quick recap.

''Mom, dad hasn't been doing well even since you were gone. He still thinks that the love of his life is dead. He has been treating me horribly because he thinks that I caused the accident. And as much as I hate him now, I think he deserves to know that you are not and maybe he will change.'' Elena said.

''Yes, let's go see your father.'' Gloriana said.

And it was easier said than done. They arrived at Charles place. They knocked on the door but did not hear anything. Luckily, Elena remembered that there was a spear key under the mat. They opened the door and saw the dirty, smelly house. They got to the living room and saw a man lying unconsciously on the floor.

''DAD!!'' Elena said.

''CHARLES!!'' Gloriana said.

Elena's POV

Liam, mom, and I were outside dad's hospital room waiting for the doctor to give us some hope. We have been here all night, and we were still not allowed to see him. Mom and I were sitting on a chair holding each other's hand while Liam was just standing in front of us. A doctor came out of the room and we all went to face him.

''How is he?'' mom asked.

''Ma'am, your husband is ok. It looks like he has been drinking and smoking way too much for a man his age. Your husband has non-small cell lung cancer.'' He said.

''Well, will he get better?'' I asked.

''Yes, people with non-small cell lung cancer can be treated with:

Surgery. An operation where we cut out cancer tissue.
Chemotherapy. Using special medicines to shrink or kill the cancer. The drugs can be pills you take, or medicines given in your veins, or sometimes both.
Radiation therapy. Using high-energy rays (similar to X-rays) to kill the cancer.
Targeted therapy. Using drugs to block the growth and spread of cancer cells. The drugs can be pills you take, or medicines given in your veins.

We can treat M. Wilson, but the price is really high.'' He informed us.

After he told us the price, mom and I were shocked. I looked at mom.

''Mom I don't have that kind of money. Everything I get, I use it to pay my tuition.'' I said.

After some moments of silence:

''I can help. I can pay for it in full.'' Liam said.

''No, Liam I can't ask you to do that.'' I said.

''Well, whether you like it or not I am paying for it and there is nothing you will do about it. Plus, you did not ask, I offered.'' He said.

My mom looked at me.

''Fine.'' I then turned to the doctor. ''He will take the surgery.'' I said.

''Perfect.'' The doctor said. ''You can go see him. He had just woken up so be gentle with him.''

We all nodded our heads.

''Mom, I think that it is best if you go alone first. Dad hates me and I think it would not be the first thing he wants to see waking up.'' I said.

She just nodded her head. Then went in. Liam came to hug me. We just stood there. We didn't know that we were waiting for. But we were waiting.

Charles POV

When I opened my eyes, I quickly closed them because of the white light in the room. The last thing I remember was coughing then slowly closing my eye lids. I heard a door opening than saw a figure. Once I got to see the face, I thought that I was hallucinating.

''No, no, no, no, no, no, this can't be possible... Gloriana?'' I asked

''Hey, sweetheart. It's me. I never died. Heh.'' She said while approaching me.

I raised my hand trying to reach her. She took my hand in hers and place it on her face. I could feel tear dropping from her face.

''How?'' was all I could say.

''Love can make you do crazy things. A man loved me, but I rejected him because I was with you and we had our child. He did not take it well so, he planned a whole accidental car crash just to take me for himself. That is what kept me away for 13 years. Our daughter was never the cause.'' She explained.

''All this time, I have been mistreating her for no reason... Did the man hurt you?'' I asked.

''Luckily, no. he wanted my permission to touch me, but he never got it.'' She said. ''The son of that man was the one who freed me.''

After some time to catch up and inform me of my condition, I asked to see Elena. I immediately apologized for not taking good care of her like a father should. I promised to get help and to get better. Of course, she did not forgive me right away. But she said that she would try. And I completely understood.

Elena's POV

My mom decided to spend the night with dad at the hospital, so Liam and I went home. When we got home, we decided to watch some movies.

''I'm sorry for almost shooting you yesterday.'' I said.

''Oh, I forgive you. But I feel like that won't be the last time.'' He said smiling.

''Maybe, we never know.'' We laughed.

''Do you realize that if, you had never kidnaped me, I would have never seen my mother, never gotten an apology from my dad and I would have never been with you.'' I said

''No, I think that the thing that lead me to you was when we first met. You on that date.'' He said.

''Well, be grateful that I did because I wanted to do other stuff instead.'' I said looking at his jealous face.

''I love you.'' He said under his breath thinking that I did not hear him.

''I love you too'' I said straight to his face.

He smiled, we kissed and continued to watch our movie.