𝐱.

the gala

the gala

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

2 WEEKS LATER...
I stood in front of my full length mirror, eyeing my new dress. It was a crimson red with puffy, but not too puffy sleeves. It reached the ground, making my black heels invisible. I headed out of my room and into the hallway where Aster and Fawn were waiting.

"Wow! You really said 'I am the moment.'" I laughed at Aster's joke as Fawn nervously thumbed through her phone.

"Uh, Fawn? Are you okay?" I rested my hand on her shoulder as she bit her bottom lip.

"Did you know that finals is in two months?" She answered as her eyes moved at the speed of light through the school calendar in her phone.

"Faaawn, that's in two months. You don't have to worry about it now. C'mon, let's go to the gala and have fun." I grabbed her hand as Astee took her phone and we marched outside and into the girls' dormitory hallway.

"Okay, Louis and Thomas are already waiting in the ballroom. So, let's go!" All of our arms linked as we trekked through the long hallway over to the ballroom.

"Hey, Iris?" Aster turned her head to me.

"Yeah?" I looked in her direction. Her soft eyes beamed at me.

"You're dancing with Louis, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"And it's not because you like him?" She shimmied her shoulder on mine as she wiggled her two eyebrows.

"I don't like him, okay? He is merely an acquaintance." She raised her right eyebrow at me. She already knew the answer due to her telekinesis and shit. She just wanted it to come out of my mouth. But it's not happening, sister.

We walked through the tall and wide French doors into the beautifully lit ballroom. There was a large chandelier on the ceiling and a cute refreshments table in the back. Many students were leaning on walls, watching others dance, or talking amongst their peers.

I spotted Louis and began to make my trudge over. He was talking to Thomas and Mason, who I assume are here together. He turned around as he heard my heels click on the ground.

I stood in front of him as he admired my presence. "Wow, Iris. You- you look beautiful." My cheeks turned a rosy pink and I planted my eyes on the ground as a stupid smile couldn't leave my round face.

"You look great too." I said awkwardly. Our friends watched our uncomfortable interaction as they each looked at each other.