𝐢𝐱.

the truth

the truth

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

"...IN A FEW WEEKS TIME, there will be a Winter Ball!" Ms. Hawson announced to the class. It was Louis and I's last class of the day. Ms. Hawson was dressed in a calf-lengthed dress and black flats. It was a lot more different than her usual jeans and black blazer combination. She looked as if she just got out of the 1800s.

"Winter Ball? What is that?" Louis whispered in my ear as he sat in the chair next to me in the back of the class.

"It's like a school dance. Like homecoming or something like that." I whispered back, my eyes still fixed on the blackboard that said in big letters, "WINTER BALL 2021"

"...So as a result of this ball, the school is requiring you all to learn a synchronized dance! It's with a partner, and you only have to do a few spins, a few sways, and a few dips!" She had so much enthusiasm as if that would make her terrible words feel better. I don't want to dance, or even go go this stupid ball.

"We have to have partners, huh." Louis leaned over to me.

"Yeah, I guess." I spoke lowly as my face stayed emotionless. After a couple seconds of silence in the room, my right hand shot up, "Is this mandatory?"

"Yes, Ms. Aldine. This is very much mandatory, and since you're so excited for this, why don't you pick your partner first." She said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, looking among the crowd of fellow acquaintances and people I've never even seen before. I went on one knee and took Louis' hand in mine, gazing into his gorgeous brown orbs. "Partridge, if you'll have me?"

"Of course." He smiled down at me as I stood up and the whole class laughed.

"Very funny, Ms. Aldine and Mr. Partridge. Everyone else go get your partners now." Ms. Hawson huffed as she walked around the room.

I turned to Louis, "This is so stupid. Who even wants to do this stupid dance anyways?"

He breathed out a fake-ish laugh, "Definitely not me."

"You really want to do this dance, don't you?" My mouth curled into a smirk while my eyebrow raised higher than the other.

"I don't know, maybe. It sounds a little fun." He shrugged as he stared down at the tabletop.

Ugh. I stood up and reached for his hand, pulling him up with me as we walked to the center of the room with all of the others.