Unfated Resurrection

Start from the beginning

I knew at that moment that I was going to die.

I didn't hesitate.

And I do not regret making that decision.

But I didn't expect the monster to catch up with me so fast.

Did I buy her enough time to run away? I do not know.

I can only hope that she is now safe and sound.

As for me, I guess I will be meeting with Neola on the other side.

I'm sorry Elaa but I have to depart with you. It was the only way.

My thought is interrupted by a strange figure standing in the distance.

The figure looks familiar.

A tall man wearing armor, with a Shadia kingdom emblem on his chest

He then takes his helmet off.

It looks like...

Wait...

It can't be...

...Brother?

Brother!

It's Neola. My brother!

I started running, my feet is now somehow on solid ground.

I reach my hand forward. At the same time tears start to build up in my eyes.

"Brother! I missed you so much!"

He looks at me and smiles.

Ah, his smile. Oh so I have missed this smile. Nostalgic memories of my childhood floods into me.

Just like Elaa, back then I followed him around and imitated everything he did.

"I have finally met you." I can no longer speak coherently, my sentence got mixed with the sounds of me crying, " It has been so long."

My strides get faster and faster. I extend both of my arms out to the front, getting ready to hug him. This time I'm not letting him go.

But...

I can't

I can't touch him.

Rather, I can't get to him.

"What is this? What is going on? Why can't I get to you?!"

There is an invisible barrier some sort standing right between me and him. And it's not letting me through.

"Why..."

No matter how hard I try, no matter how hard I smash my fists into it, the barrier won't break.

"Why can't I get to you, brother..."

He is still there, looking at me with that smile on his face. He hasn't moved or spoken anything.

"I can't see Elaa anymore, and now you too..."

I collapse onto my knee, streams of tears flow nonstop down my face.

"Why oh great deities above...Why is this..."

"Because your time has yet to come, little Evaa."

He spoke, oh his sweet voice, a voice that has not been heard for many starcycles.

I look up and I see him. Now down on one of his knee, extending his own arm and touch the invisible barrier.

"What do you mean?"

"You haven't died yet. I am also surprised. Your fate was to join me this day. Yet you clearly are not. That somehow eases me." He speaks again, in his usual calm and sweet voice.