40. Final Chapter

1...

Y/N's P.O.V. 

"Y/N?" I heard John shout as I paced the room.
"Y/N? What's wrong? What's the emergency?" He burst in the room, breathing heavily.

"John. You're a doctor. A medical doctor. A doctor." I looked at him, nodding my head.
"Oh, this can't be happening."

"Y/N, what's wrong? Why did you text me it was an emergency, but Sherlock had to stay at the crime scene?" John looked very confused.

"I can't believe this is happening." I muttered, shaking my head. John put his hands on my arms, holding me still.

"Can't believe what is happening? Are you hurt? Is Rosie okay?" John looked at me carefully.

"Rosie is fine, she's asleep." I pointed towards mine and Sherlock's room.
"I'm..." John looked at me expectantly.
"John, I'm pregnant." His face went blank for a moment and he let go of me, letting me resume my pacing.

"You and Sherlock... had sex?" John asked and I looked at him.

"Obviously."

"Oh my God, Y/N. Congra-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." I glared at him.
"This is not good. Sherlock is going to freak out. I'm freaking out!" John frowned suddenly and I heard the front door open. My eyes widened as I heard Sherlock say something to Mrs. Hudson.
"Not a word."

"But, Y/N-" I glared at him, before moving through the flat and shutting myself in the bathroom. I heard Sherlock come up the stairs and a muffled conversation between him and John, before I decided I needed to calm myself down. I splashed my face with water, leaning against the sink and taking shaky breaths.
A loud knock on the door made me freeze.

"Y/N, I know you're in there. John took Rosie home. He said you have to talk to me about something?" That bitch.

"It's nothing, Sherlock. I'm just not feeling too good." I lied.

"He said you'd say that." I grit my teeth together.
"Just come out. Whatever it is, we'll deal with it." I hesitated, before unlocking the door and opening it. Sherlock looked down at me with concern, before offering me his hand. I took it, letting him lead me into the living room and we both sat on the couch.
Redbeard instantly jumped up next to Sherlock, putting his head on his lap.
"Y/N-"

"I'm pregnant." I blurted out and he looked at me with wide eyes.
"And I'm freaking out, because you know how I feel about kids and I don't know what the Hell I'm supposed to do."

"You're..." Sherlock whispered, looking down at my stomach.
"We're...?"

"Yeah." I swallowed nervously.
"I know it's horrible timing, with Eurus and-"

"That's not important. You're pregnant?" Sherlock looked at me with wide eyes and I nodded.
"Y/N, this is brilliant!"

"Is it?" I asked and he pulled me up, startling Redbeard.

"Of course it is!" He pulled me into an excited hug.
"Y/N, oh, this is amazing! We're going to be parents! Why aren't you more excited about this?"

"Sherlock." I frowned.
"You know I'm not-"

"Don't say it." Sherlock looked at me seriously.
"You believe you'd be a bad mother, because your own mother wasn't good, but love, Rosie adores you. You're amazing with her and sometimes John can't calm her down as well as you can."

"You're a horrible liar." I muttered.

"No, I'm not. He actually gets quite frustrated about it. It's rather amusing to watch." I rolled my eyes.
"My point is, you're going to be great." Sherlock kissed my head and I couldn't stop the small smile that creeped onto my face.