32.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Why am I here?" Eurus asked on the recording.

"Why do you think you're here?"

"No one ever tells me." She replied.
"Am I being punished?"

"Were you bad?" The man on the recording asked.

"There's no such thing as bad." Eurus sighed.

"Well, not good?" The man asked.

"Good and bad are fairy tales." Eurus replied.
"We have evolved to attach an emotional significance to what is nothing more than the survival strategy of the pack animal. We are conditioned to invest divinity in utility. Good isn't really good, evil isn't really wrong, and bottoms aren't really pretty. You are a prisoner of your own meat."

"And why aren't you?"

"I'm too clever." Eurus looked up at the camera and a shiver ran down my spine. The recording continued to play, but a bad feeling turned in my stomach.

"Everyone we sent in there... it's like she..." The Governor shook his head.

"Recruited them." Mycroft mumbled.

"Enslaved them." The Governor corrected.

"She's been capable of that since she was 5." Mycroft stated.
"She's an adult now. I warned you. I ordered you."

"She's clinically unique.'' The Governor scoffed.
"We had to try."

"At what cost?" I asked and the man looked at me.

"Tell me the worst thing that has happened." Mycroft ordered.

"She kept suggesting to Dr. Taylor that he should kill his family." The Governor sighed.

"And?" Mycroft asked.

"He said it was like an ear worm, he couldn't get her out of his head."

"And?" Mycroft repeated.

"He left."

"And?"

"Killed himself."

"And?" Mycroft added impatiently.

"His family." The Governor looked down and I shook my head.

"I warned you explicitly!" Mycroft shouted at the Governor.
"No one was to speak to her alone!"

"You spoke to her." The man muttered.

"I know what I'm doing!"

"You even brought her a visitor on Christmas..." I looked between the Governor and Mycroft.

"I took a calculated risk." Mycroft replied, clearly irritated.

"You gave her a Christmas present." The Governor sassed.
"Remember her Christmas present?"

"I am aware of the dangers Eurus poses and equipped to deal with them." Mycroft leaned on the desk.

"What dangers?" John asked.

"Eurus doesn't just talk to people." Mycroft sighed in a softer tone.
"She reprograms them. Anyone who spends time with her is automatically compromised." Why the Hell would Mycroft send Sherlock down there alone? This was crazy.

"Sherlock." John spoke into the earpiece, he gave me a look and I wrapped my arms around myself.

"Not now." Sherlock replied. 

"Vatican Cameos." John muttered.

"In a minute." I shook my head, running my hand through my hair. Stepping out onto the balcony, I breathed in the fresh air, hearing Mycroft shout at the Governor. I put my face in my hands, letting out a frustrated groan, before the door opened again.

"Hey." John muttered. I looked up, giving him a small smile.
"Sherlock is going to be alright, I mean, he's Sherlock."

"Yeah." I nodded.
"I mean, the first time I met him face-to-face, he was chained up and beaten half to death curtsey of a huge Serbian guy that worked for Moriarty." John laughed a little.
"This is just psychological warfare. He's faced worse."

"Exactly." John agreed.
"I mean, last month when he broke your favourite mug, we were both genuinely terrified of you, so..." I laughed a little.
"Yeah, you're much scarier than Eurus."

"Mycroft is scary when he's mad. Did you see him back there? Jesus." We both laughed a little more.
"There aren't many people that can scare me like that."

"I know what you mean." John nodded, looking over the edge.
"How do you think she did it? Got out?"

"I don't know and I don't like it. I've got the worst feeling something is going to happen." I sighed.
"Come on, let's get back inside."

"It's obvious when it all started." The Governor spoke as we came inside.
"She was never the same after that Christmas. It's as if you woke her up."

"That is entirely beside the point. You had your orders and failed to act..."

"Listen to the tape." John interrupted Mycroft's little rant.

"Sorry?" The British Government asked.

"Do it now, listen." John instructed.

"My sister's methods of-"

"For God's sake, Mycroft. Do as he says and listen!" I scolded and the Holmes looked taken back.

"Bring me your wife. I want to meet her." Eurus instructed as Mycroft turned up the volume.

"I don't need your help." The man on the recording spoke and it hit me. I looked at John with wide eyes and he looked back at me, but Mycroft still seemed lost.

"I can fix her for you and the. I'll give her straight back." Eurus replied.
"Good as new, I promise."

"That's all?" The Governor's voice on the recording asked. 
"What you're proposing is not... it's not right."

"Yeah, everyone who went in there got affected." John looked at the Governor.
"Enslaved, you said."

"Yes." The Governor nodded.

"One after the other?" I asked.

"Yes." The Governor nodded again.

"Dr. Watson I think-"

"Shut up." John glared at Mycroft.
"One question. That's your voice, isn't it?" He asked the Governor.

"If Eurus has enslaved you, then who exactly is in charge of this prisoner?" I asked and the Governor stood up, pulling something from his pocket.

"I'm sorry." He pressed the button and alarms began to blare as armed guards rushed in. The three of us raised our hands as the guns were pointed at us. Orderlies in yellow uniforms restrained us, removing us from the office and John and I exchanged a look, before we took out the orderlies. Mycroft didn't seem to get the memo and his orderlies tightened their hold on him as John and I ran for the stairs.

"Red alert! Red alert! Big red bouncy red alert!" A familiar voice yelled over the alarms
"Klingons attacking lower decks! Also, cowboys in black hats!"

"No, no, no. This can't be happening." I shook my head.

"Y/N, what is it?" John asked, grabbing my arm.

"Darth Vader! Don't be alarmed! I'm here now! I'm here now! I'm here now!" The speakers cried out.
"Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Miss me? Miss me? Miss me?" All the TVs showed Moriarty's face and John froze.
"Miss me?"

"Oh, God." Something hit me hard on the back of my head and my eyes closed as I fell to the ground.