"Kiori....damn it....why are you so stupid?" Nishiki muttered.

Tears stained Kiori's eyes as she hugged him back tightly,  sobbing into his chest. 

"Sorry...I'm so sorry...."

"Good evening, Kiori-san," Kaneki smiled.

Kiori narrowed her eyes at him. 'That brat's so strong now....

...I'm jealous.'

"So, since we have, uhm...80 residents now, we will be sending out more people at different times...on Monday will be Masaki, Tuesday Tasumi, Wednesday Miyo, Thursday Kiori, Friday Ayato. Saturday Nishiki and Sunday is off day. Is that alright?"

The six nodded.

"This Saturday, Kiori, you wil be going with Nishiki. And Ayato you will be going with Miyo this Wednesday. Is that fine with you?" Kaneki asked.

"Perfectly fine," Kiori nodded.

Ayato shot a glance at Miyo who glanced back before the two nodded.

"You know, Kiori-san....if you can't go I can send someone else....you don't have to," Kaneki smiled softly.

Nishiki stared at Kiori with a questioning look.

"Oi, oi, who are you, treating me like a small baby?" Kiori growled, poking at Kaneki's chest hard. "I am perfectly fine."

"I have a question, Kaneki-san. Why are you in charge of the base?" Miyo asked.

"This place needs someone in lead and I am merely taking that role," Kaneki answered.

"But I mean, why does it have to be you?" 

Kaneki stayed silent as he looked up at her.

"Do you have a problem with that?" Kiori stared at her with cold eyes. "That's because even if we hate this brat," I patted Kaneki on the head hard.

"You hate this brat," Ayato corrected.

"Shut up," Kiori snapped. "We still put our trust in him. He is our comrade."

Miyo stared at her for a moment before nodding. "I see. But trust...it's a stupid thing."

"..............Yeah, trust is stupid," Kiori muttered. "So...so stupid."

There was silence.

"That will be all for today....you can go back to your rooms," Kaneki smiled.

"I'm sorry...but...."

"What is it, Yakiyama?"

Yakiyama clicked his tongue as he stared back at the Konoha chunin, eyes shifting red as the chunin flinched.

"Y-Your eye!"

"I'd rather kill you than get killed by her...."

The chunin gasped for air as he was choked. "W-What are y-you doing....."

"I am....a ghoul. I am not human. I am no comrade of yours," Yakiyama's lips trembled.

The chunin's neck snapped.

Flashback

"Oi, you. Kurayami."

"What is it?" Kiori's cold eyes trailed to Ayato.

"Did you know one of your men ran?"

Without a word, Kiori stood up and walked away.

"Watch her bring a lump of ghoul flesh back," Naoki snorted.

"I-I'm sorry, please forgive me, Kiori-san!" Shiraishi cried out before having his face stepped on, crushing his nose and eyeballs as he screamed in pain.

"Did you seriously think you can run from me?" Kiori said with blank eyes. "With that...."

Her kagune appeared, digging deep into the man's legs as he screamed.

"Fat...legs of yours...?"

Kiori pulled his hair back, staring at his half-crushed eyeballs and twisted nose with blood all over his face as he whimpered.

"Disgusting," Kiori spat out before slamming his head into the wall over and over again as the rest of her men watched in horror and fear.

"It's fine if you stay and do nothing. But this is what happens if you run," Kiori whispered before looking up at the group of ghouls. "Do you get me? Don't ever try to run."

"Damn...she's almost like Yamori," Naoki whispered to Ayato who nodded slowly in agreement.

(For the lovely reader-chan who requested Italian, I'm really sorry that this chapter only had one line of it XDD

I'll add more of it soon though, don't worry.)

(KIori really ruthless and brutal back then in Aogiri, huh? XDD)