𝑺𝒖𝒏𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝑽𝒐𝒍. 6. // 𝕆𝕟𝕖 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘.

𝑺𝒖𝒏𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝑽𝒐𝒍. 6.
[ 7 song references. ]

I arrived in New York at nearly three am, after spending the whole evening and part of the night inside a plane, I was just looking for a bed to sleep before starting work the following morning.

The plane had been delayed because of a storm and I was not only tired but immensely hungry. And the fact that I had to be up at seven in the morning wasn't helping either.

When I got to the hotel, the receptionist said that the kitchen had closed for the night already, so ordering room service wasn't in the picture.

I hate America already.

I hurried to leave my suitcases in the hotel room and I quickly grabbed my phone and wallet to go find somewhere to eat before starving to death.

I walked around some desert streets of New York only to find all the shops and bars closed.

It is only three am. Something has to be open.

I was hungry and exhausted, and I was already giving up. Maybe going back to the hotel to sleep, without eating, was my best option right now.
Because I really couldn't keep walking much longer.

But then I found this little place, it was probably a coffee shop, in the street corner with the lights still on.

My salvation.

I tried to open the door, but it was closed. I knocked softly, praying someone would be inside and be gentle enough to prepare something for me.

"We are closing!" - I heard from the inside.

"Sorry to bother you, I really need to eat something, I've had a really rough day and I'm starving. I'll pay you double." - I shouted so the other person could hear me through the glass.

Soon enough a person started walking towards the door and stopped behind the glass door, looking straight at me.
It was a guy, probably my age and plenty of tattoos in his arms, he had an apron on and a phone in his hand.

"The kitchen is closed." - He said.

"Please. Can you just let me inside?"

"Are you going to rob me if I open the door? I'll call the police."

"No. Please don't. I've just landed from England. I'm literally starving to death." - I said and made a pleading sign with my hands. - "I won't do any harm."

The guy laughed and started opening the door with a key.

"Well, I guess that between english men we need to help each other."

"Thanks." - I said once I was inside.

"Do you mind if I lock the door again? I'm not going to lock you in here, I just don't want more customers for tonight. I was about to close, you know?"

"Mmm, yeah I think so." - I said, not very convinced.

"I'll leave a window open, so if you want to escape from me, you can." - He said and smiled.

He turned to lock the door but opened a window on my side.
I looked around for a while, It was a really nice place, small, but cozy and well decorated.

"So, english man, my waiters have already left, making me the only one here. What do you want to eat?" - He asked.

And for the first time I noticed how blue his eyes were, and how nice and welcoming his smile was, and how strong his arms looked with his tank top on. And maybe I could have rambled about his hair too if he hadn't interrupted my thoughts.