Chapter 14: The 15 minutes is all we need

Defendant lobby no 1

                                                                                   (Defence Team)

*Phoenix's POV*

The door closed behind us after the 4 of us had entered it. "What do we do now Mr. Wright?" Apollo asked me. "Well all you can do is try and prove me innocent." Mia said. "But you didn't do it! So if we can't prove your innocence then it's the end of the line for all of us!" Athena said with tears in her eyes. "Don't worry Athena, we'll get to the bottom of this! You don't have to worry nothing will happen to you." Apollo said, reassuringly.

"Thanks Apollo but it's not me who I'm worried about." Mia sent a reassuring smile to her. "Don't worry everyone, I think I know what to do! Just believe in each other and as long as we stick together we can prove Mia's innocence. Just remember what I taught you!" I said, giving them a confident smile. "After all of the years I've known you Mr. Wright I just know that that's another bluff." Apollo crossed his arms.

"I'm glad you all agree on sticking together, however this is not going to be easy. Ms. Von Karma is ruthless. She'll do anything to make it go her way! I'm sure she's already preparing to present a witness against me." I've never seen Mia look so serious before. "I'm sorry to have to ask you this Ms Fey, but you didn't kill her did you? Apollo asked Mia. All she replied was:

"That's for you to determine, I do hope you can trust me but most importantly you need to trust each other." The three of us nodded. "Don't worry Ms Fey, Athena and I have a trump card up our sleeves. A single piece of evidence that will clear your name!" Apollo said confidently. "You have evidence? Would you mind showing me?" I asked, rubbing the back of my neck, Apollo shook his head. "I'm sorry I can't." Athena's head shot to Apollo in surprise.

"What? why not!?" Both Athena and I yelled at Apollo. "Because I'm almost positive that Ms. Von Karma will accuse me of falsifying evidence with what I have . However unfortunately for me I have someone who can at least back me up. You don't have anyone to prove it's not fake, I'm worried it will cause severe damage again, I need you to trust me. "

Mia made a confused face at Apollo's interesting choice of words. "In any case I trust all of you." Mia said. "It's almost time, you guys let's go over all of the evidence. I'm almost sure of what the murder weapon used in this case was." I told them as we opened up our handbooks and started discussing.

*Meanwhile at the same time*

                                                             Defendant lobby number 2

                                                                      (Detective team)

*3rd Person's POV*

The detective's lobby was just a little bit chaotic. "I'm telling you my sister didn't kill anyone!" Maya yelled at the tops of her lungs. "Yeah pal! She used to be the best defence attorney around, so why would she kill anyone!" Gumshoe yelled at Angel. "Please she didn't mean it! It was only a possibility!" Iris pleaded out.

"She's right we aren't completely sure of who the culprit is. But it should come to light when Ms. Von Karma's witness explain their testimony." Angel crossed her arms. "Excuse me but you don't happen to be discussing the witness Ms. Von Karma has, do you?" Everyone turned to Iris and Angel nodded. "Well that would be me." Iris spoke quietly.

"Wait really? You wouldn't happen to tell me what happened would you bambina?" Jake asked her with a flirtatious tone. Everyone in that room except for Jake could tell that Angel was agitated. Iris shook her head.