Chapter 8: Babysitting the sick

*Mia's POV*

I quietly entered Maya's room, she was bundled up in her blankets like a burrito. I sat by her bed. "Hey Maya how are you feeling." I asked her, I got a couple of grunts and movement coming from the bed. She sat up looking rather annoyed.

" Sis? everything hurts! And I'm cold! And I miss Franzy." She yelled at me, I felt her forehead. "Maya you're burning up! I need you to lie down." I changed the cold cloth on her head and sat down in a chair beside her bed. "How's everyone else holding up, I know there are others like me in the same conditions ? I heard this was a part of some twisted motive."

Maya asked me. I sighed, I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell her. " Miles, Athena, Apollo and Godot are in the same position as you. I won't sugar coat it. It's bad, I don't even know everyone's crush. So it would be hard to help prevent disasters." Maya flopped back onto her back. "I knew it, we're all doomed! Destined to die here all alone." I rolled my eyes.

"Now you're just being dramatic." Maya sat up again and the cloth on her forehead flopped onto the bed. "You don't know everyone's crush?" I shook my head. "Well you clearly know mine since you constantly tease me about it. Who else do you know about?" Maya questioned me.

"Well I know about Miles', I mean come on seriously? It's been more than 7 years at this point it's not just a rivalry." She used quotation marks.

" But other than that I'm a sitting duck." Maya placed a hand under her chin to say that she was thinking. "Stop that, you're supposed to be resting! Get some sleep and we'll talk later." Maya nodded.

"Hey sis?" I looked up from my arm. "Mmm?" She stared at me. "You'll stay with me right?" I could see her eyes getting heavy. "Always." She fell into a peaceful sleep with that thought in mind.

.

.

.

.

.

.

*Phoenix's POV*

I was still waiting for Prosecutor Godot to wake up, he seemed to just sleep the hours away. I was thinking about everything that was going on, my dream, Mia's arm and Miles.

"Will you shut up!" I stopped thinking and looked up at the bed and Godot sat there staring at me. "Huh? Oh sorry I must have been thinking out loud. Do you really sleep with your visor on?" I asked him.

"Can't take the chance that someone will recognize me without these goggles." I nodded and whispered a quiet I see.

"Now it's my turn Trite, let me ask you a question. If you're so worried about the Chief Prosecutor, why not go check on him?" I sighed.

"It's complicated, It's not that I don't want to go check on him, it's the fact that I can't, not after the rule Mia set down." He looked at me.

"Bullshit, It's not like you HAVE to follow the rules, they don't tie you to the ground. If you're REALLY that worried over him that desire would have taken over you already."

I looked at him, He was right the rules weren't the law. The only laws around here were those of Magmakuma's. Maybe I should check on him. "I would but there in lies a problem." He scoffed.

"No problems big enough if it's for the person you love, so figure it out yourself Trite. Just whatever you do, leave me alone."

He turned around and he wasn't facing me anymore. "You always give me good advice, it must be from the coffee. One last question.... You seem normal to me, how is that possible?" He groaned in frustration. 'What's that supposed to mean Trite?" I shook my head. "The disease affects everyone differently with some kind of emotion but you seem as normal as ever." I told him.