Chapter 4: And the threats begin

*Phoenix's POV*

"Rise and shine, today is such a beautiful day to get out and get some killing done!" The monitor shut off and I sat up remembering everything that happened last night. I looked around the "office" to see Miles passed out on the desk, he looked beyond uncomfortable so I thought the best thing to do was wake him up.

Once he was awake neither of us said anything. He silently got up and we stood in awkward silence till one of us said something. " So, why are you here?" He blinked at me and then laughed. "You don't remember our conversation from last night? I promised you that I'd be here when you woke up. Anyway just give me a few minutes and we'll head to the dinning hall."

.

.

.

.

.

.

We opened the doors to the dinning hall to be welcomed with silence. It was so silent you could hear a pin drop, Miles and I sat near Mia, Maya and Franziska. " So, why were you planning on leaving us behind?" Athena asked the 5 of us. I sighed standing up. "Leaving you behind was never my intention. I tried to tell all of you to believe me but I ended up causing an argument instead. But I'm glad I was interrupted by Dahlia because she gave me a chance to rethink my actions. Think about it this way, what were to happen if the traitor found out? The only reason I told them is because we were already in the same room and there was no time to go and get all of you."

I sat back down and this time Dahlia stood up. "You contradict yourself, Feenie. You say you wanted to keep it a secret from the traitor but who's to say it wasn't one of the 4 you were telling it to?" She looked at me with an expecting glare. "Well Miles and I found it together so I knew he wasn't the traitor and I deeply trust everyone else I told." It was a relatively quiet breakfast after that some people were still mad when everyone left.

It seems like I have some free time so maybe I should go talk to someone? I then remembered that practically everyone doesn't trust me, irregardless I step out of my room to go find someone to pass time with. I entered the hall and found myself in front of the nurses office. "Nick? What are you doing here?" I turned to see Maya standing in the hallway. "You're bored too?" I laughed, Maya would understand how I'm feeling right now.

"Wanna chat to pass some time?" Maya asked me. I nodded my head, our conversation began and we started talking about all of the things we missed. "Man I miss binging Steel Samurai late into the night." I laughed at her. "Nick, this is no laughing matter!!" I couldn't stop my laughter. "Fine if you find it so funny, what's one thing you miss so much?!"

I could finally control my laughter again. "If I'm being completely honest I miss sleepovers." Maya gasped. "How long has it been since you've had one?" I thought back to all of those years ago. "I don't know, possibly years, maybe decades ?" Maya's eyes lit up. "Nick, you just gave me the BEST Idea ever." I gave her a puzzling look. "The 5 of us who no one trusts are going to have a sleepover!" I looked at her in horror.

"Maya I don't think-" She wasn't listening anymore. "Not now Nick I need to go inform the other 3 about this, meet me in the dining hall at 9 pm, don't be late!" And she scurried down the hall and disappeared around the corner. I checked my watch. It's 2 pm, I have a little time left, maybe I should go and find someone else? I left in the direction of the classroom.

I found Detective Gumshoe outside of classroom 1-B staring at the door. "Detective Gumshoe? What are you doing?" He turned to me and waved. "Oh hey pal!" I walked over to him and we started a normal conversation, we talked for hours when I finally asked him. "Hey Detective Gumshoe, do you still trust the 5 of us?"

He looked at me and smiled. "Of course I do pal, you and Mr. Edgeworth were my first friends so I will trust you guys no matter what!" He gave me another bright smile and it reminded me to ask him a question. "Say Gumshoe, how do you find this facility?"

His eyes became wide and he broke out into a small laughter. "This building is incredible. I have an actual bed this time! And don't get me started on the food here, I haven't had a proper meal in 15 years straight."

I looked at him and he awkwardly laughed, Gumshoe checked the time and his eyes widened. "Sorry Pal got to run, I might miss dinner." He ran off and I checked the time myself 7:30. I should get ready for our so-called sleepover.

.

.

.

.

.

*Miles POV*

The hallway appeared to be empty as I waited for everyone outside of the dinning hall. Maya had requested a "sleepover" whatever that meant. I had no idea what it was nor did I know what she was up to. I was lost in my thoughts. I had hardly noticed Dahlia Hawthorne facing the opposite direction.

"Good evening Mr. Edgeworth." I stopped my train of thought and replied to her without looking back at her . "Evening Miss Hawthorne." The reply was very dry. "Some advice if I may Mr. Edgeworth?" I faced her in hoping this conversation would end quickly. "What advice could you possibly give to me?" She smirked at me. "Stay away from Feenie." I glared at her. "And why on earth would I want to do that? He needs me just as much as I need him. I won't leave him to the likes of you who will just end up breaking him. He's much happier without you Dahlia so just leave him be."

Dahlia just laughed. "Oh but that's the fun part, watching the happiness drain from him is simply thrilling. Although it would be easy, he doesn't have anyone who loves him in the first place." This woman was getting on my nerves and I couldn't stop what I was about to say. "But he has me?" Dahlia bursted out laughing. "Oh you're too funny Mr. Edgeworth, you're just friends it isn't what I truly meant." I stared at her letting the silence fill the air.

"And what if I wanted to be more than friends? What then?" The silence was left to sit again taking up everything near it. I looked at my watch realizing the time. "I apologize, Miss Hawthorne but I must be leaving now, I have people expecting me." I walked towards the dining hall doors. "Wait, you can't leave!"

"Oh I can and I will just watch me."

"You better stay away from Feenie or else."

"Or else what?" She had a most terrifying smile on her face. "Or else I'll kill him. Have a good rest of your evening Mr. Edgeworth." She waved and she disappeared down the hall.