Prologue

Hi, my name is Daria and this is my first fanfiction ever. I really love ATLA and I never see a lot of Avatar: The Last Airbender fanfics, especially Sokka ones so that's why I decided to write this book. I really hope you like this book so enjoy <3

◇ ◇ ◇

3rd Person

A young princess stood on the deck of a ship, accompanied by a slightly older man. The girl had curly brown hair and turquoise eyes whilst the boy had straight black hair. His dark blue eyes pinned her with a glare.

"I'll be fine on my own, Kesuk," Mira reassured him. He frowned as he looked back at her. "I still don't trust those airbenders," Kesuk muttered crossing his arms.

"And why? Because they have a different lifestyle from us?" Mira asked, looking at him with disapproval. "No, they're just-" Kesuk began.

"I'm going to visit my friend whether you like it or not," Mira said, sharply. "I am your fiancé, you do not get to-"

"And I am your princess, learn some respect," Mira spoke. She rarely used the 'I am a princess card'. To be honest, Mira never enjoyed being treated as royalty. She thought that everyone should be treated equally, and not by social status. "Now leave me be or I'll call my guards," She warned. He let go of her wrist and she turned around, purposely hitting the boy in the face with her hair.

◇ ◇ ◇

Mira walked down the halls of the Southern Air Temple to get to her friend's room. Monk Gyatso sent Mira a letter a week earlier telling her that Aang was upset.

Mira arrived outside of Aang's bedroom and rapped on the door.
"Aang? It's Mira." She couldn't hear anyone in the room. Mira tried to open the door but it was locked.

She kicked it open with her abnormal strength that she was quite proud of.

She looked around the room but it was empty. Mira found a letter on the bed that was meant for Monk Gyatso. She quickly read over it and her eyes widened.

Aang was leaving. For good.

She ran out of the room and raced down the stairs of the temple. It was winter so there was lots of snow and ice around to help her get to the bison stables faster.

"Aang!" Mira shouted out when she spotted her friend getting on his bison. Aang turned around with a shocked look on his face. "Mira? W-what are you doing here?" Aang stuttered.

"I came to see you. Where are you going? You know what? I think I know. You want to run away from your responsibilties as the Avatar-" The waterbender stopped speaking when she noticed Aang's eyes tearing up. Her eyes widened at the boy.

Mira climbed up onto the bison and crawled over to her friend. She placed her arms around him, suffocating him in a hug.

"I'm sorry, Aang. I just don't want you to go," She whispered.

"But I need to, Mira. I don't want to be the avatar." Aang wiped away his tears.

"Than I can come with you," Mira suggested. The airbender's face lit up. "You'd do that for me?"

"Of course I would, I'm your best friend" She smiled. Suddenly, Aang's face turned into a frown. "But what about your father and siblings? You can't leave them," Aang said.

"I can. My hatred for the Northern Water Tribe is stronger than my love for them. I would rather travel the world than have to live a miserable life with a man I don't love," Mira said, reminding herself of Kesuk.

"Okay then, let's go." Aang smiled and the two flew away on Appa.

However they never made it to their destination, as they were caught in a storm.

◇ ◇ ◇

A/N

This chapter was just the background of the story, that's why it's short. What did you think of it?

-Daria

Votes and comments are greatly appreciated.

28/08/2021