Buck was once twelve

Prologue:

Grumbling as he climbed up the stairs, he mumbled something that sounded like "Happy thoughts, Happy thoughts, Happy thoughts,". Despite his predicament, Evan truly believed in his parents' good hearts.. His parents did not forget him, they did not mean to drive off without him. They'll be back. Right?

Except, Evan was not stupid. He knows what abandonment looked like from all the nature videos he watched. He knows that his parents didn't really want him, or anything to do with him. They only wanted Maddie. Maddie this, Maddie that. Maddie, wait a minute. He can call Maddie for help in this situation! He was her "adorable little brwother~" after all. Evan looked around, trying to summon a phone, but then reality hit him.

She wouldn't answer it anyway, she was with her boyfriend. So she didn't want Evan, she wanted Mr. Meanie-fake-head. What was his name again? Doug.

After thinking for long enough that his head started to hurt, he decided to leave the porch of his ex-home in order to find himself some food. He walked down a couple blocks enjoying the scenery he passed since he was in no rush, and took two left turns and a right. Or was it two right turns and a left? It was important he remembered, so he can go back. Regardless, he winded up at a corner store, named Clemintines, and let himself in, like he's suppose to. Nobody is your maid, his mother had said, and Evan took that to heart.
Sniffing a bit, a musky scent wafted from deeper inside, and Evan took note. Peering around, The so-called-edible products didn't really seem to be edible, but he was hungry, and you aren't suppose to be to greedy. You take what you get and you don't get upset.

"Hmm? Why hello little boy, are you lost?" A woman called out. She was at the back of the store, in the not really lit are, so Evan couldn't see her so well, and she was being squished by two bulky men, one behind, one in front. The looks they gave him made him feel small. Evan shook his head.

"Are you sure? Kids aren't supposed to be here." This confused him a bit. This was a food market, What does he mean that he isn't supposed to be here? Scoffing, Evan tried to appear smart.

"But this is the food store? Aren't I suppose to get food here?" He says, and pulls a popsicle off a shelf. The weird part was that this popsicle wasn't cold, or watery, this popsicle was warm, and shaped weirdly, and big! Evan wanted to put it in his mouth, he just needed to find the wrapper first....

"Young man, put that back! Go find your mother, and- HnnnGGgg!" The men around her were moving weird, cutting her off as she spoke.

"Just get lost kid. Leave us alone." Evan shivered, and ran out of the store, looking for a good hiding spot, away from those scary men. While he was running, he eventually got lost, and ended up wandering the freezing city alone. Sometime later, he got desperate enough to board a bus, choosing to ignore his mother in his head, screaming at him for using such dangerous transport. He was half asleep then, and a kind old lady offered to let him ride with her, sayin she would protect him. From what he wanted to ask, but he grew to tired and she let him fall asleep. When he awoke, he looked out the bus window, (the lady seemed to be long gone now), and he realized he had no idea where he was.