Chapter 12 - Death of a Warrior

Start from the beginning

Sakura began to glow a bright sapphire blue aura of power, befitting of the Ultimate Martial Artist.

Hiro: S-S-S-S-S-S-Somebody save meeeeeee! I'm a innocent bystander! Innocent bystander!

Hiro nearly tripped over himself as he ran screaming out of the nurse's office. But just a second later...

???: Is there a problem? I gather something happened?

Kyoko stood in the doorway of the nurse's office, taking Hiro's spot in the room.

Makoto: Kiri! Please, you have to stop Sakura! We have to hold her back!

Sakura: You don't need to stop me... I'm okay. I'm not going to do anything. I just...I'm drawing a line, right here and now. Goodbye.

Hina: W-Wait! Sakura, come back!

Hina sprang into action, leaving the nurse's office to chase after Sakura. The only ones left were Mukuro, Y/N, Chihiro, Celeste and Kyoko.

Kyoko: I want to talk to you all about something.

Celeste: About what precisely?

Kyoko: Actually... I'd like you all to come somewhere with me. I have business there...

Makoto: I-I guess, but...

Kyoko: Well then, shall we get going?

With her typical indifference, Kyoko turned and walked away, setting a brisk pace. Kyoko walked ahead in silence...and in silence, they chased her. And eventually, they arrived at the bathhouse.

Mukuro: So, the something else you mentioned?

Kyoko: It has to do with Alter Ego.

Chihiro: But I thought we didn't need Alter Ego anymore.

Kyoko: Alter Ego asked me to bring others to come see him. Apparently he has something he wants to ask us.

They all gathered around the laptop, waiting to hear what the AI had to say.

AE: Hello! You came to visit me, great!

Mukuro: But what is it he wants to ask us?

Celeste: Let's find out, shall we?

"What did you want to ask us?"

AE: I'd like you to take me somewhere where you can connect me to the school network. You said my job was done, right? But...to just stop here... Saying I've finished my work...I don't want that! I want to keep being helpful to everyone. I want to work as hard as everyone else so that we can all get out of here! So...to help everyone else... To solve the mystery of this school...The only way I can help is if you connect me to this school's network!

Chihiro: B-But...if you did that...that's basically suicide.

Celeste: I'm positive the mastermind would find out about it. They'd find you. Wouldn't you all agree?

AE: I realize how dangerous it could be. But still...I have to do this. I'm scared, but...I can handle it. I...don't really understand why, but...When I think about everyone else, my courage starts to grow...! You might think I'm just some inhuman AI, but it's true! So...it's okay. If it's for the sake of everyone else, I won't be afraid!

Kyoko: When I talk to Alter Ego, I don't know... I have no idea how to answer that question. I think maybe that's a question even Chihiro can't answer. But I can say this...There's no question that Alter Ego is our friend. To be honest, I didn't want Alter Ego to push himself anymore. Because if we take any more risks, the mastermind really will notice it... But...Let's do it, everyone. Let's connect Alter Ego to the network.