Chapter One- Four years earlier.

(DISCLAIMER: This story is fiction unless otherwise stated. I do not own the rights to images in this story. This story also has no bearing on the real lives of anyone in this story. Again, it's all fiction. No character changes will be made.)

A/N- This is a redo from a locked-out account. If you've read the previous version, some characters may change due to not being able to find the same photo or not matching the character I originally had in mind. Names may also change based on how I need them to be.

I only have three to redo after this.

Wrestling with Love

Home

& Born to be yours.

All three are massive stories. I don't know when or if I will ever get two of them out. After this it will be Wrestling with Love. I am halfway done with that one.

___________________

~Kirsten's point of view~

~Four years earlier ~

My life has always been controlled. By me. I choose what happens to me and how I deal with it.

I'm twenty-two years old. I own a highly successful bakery. I worked as soon as I was old enough and saved every penny to buy my businesses. I didn't go to college because I knew exactly what I was going to do. I've done very well for myself without help from anyone. I live alone. My bills are paid; I rely on me and me only.

I have family. My parents are wonderful; They raised me to be a strong independent woman. They weren't happy when I chose not to continue school but, they stood by my side the day my doors opened.

I have a very pretentious older sister, and our brother is the family disappointment. He fell from grace and didn't take it well.

I'm thankful that I was able to hire staff. I handpicked my staff. I knew I had to work with them daily. I wanted to make sure I could handle them long-term. They've been with me since the doors opened. I hired Meredith. A fiery redhead. She's a quick learner, and her smile can light up a room. I also hired Shawna. She's a beautiful blond with a contagious laugh. The three of us work well together and have become great friends. Shawna and Meredith are now roommates.

We close up shop for the day. I head home; I'm proud of my home.

I worked hard to keep my credit on point, and I got a fantastic interest rate on my mortgage

I worked hard to keep my credit on point, and I got a fantastic interest rate on my mortgage. It's on a thirty-year loan. However, since I had it built, I have made double payments every month. Any extra money goes towards the note. 

Extra money meaning after all my bills are paid, my fridge is full, my gas tank is full, and a donation has been made to my savings. Money from my business is separate from my personal. I do not mix funds. My dad suggested that he's an accountant.