“It's fine. I can handle it,” I tell them with a nod.

Everett snorts again. This time a bit louder than necessary. I turn to him.

“Shut up before I punch your goddamn face.”

“Try it, asshole.”

I smirk at him. “Already have,”

“Woah, what?” Clover asks, bewildered.

Everett turns to his brother. “He has punched me before,” he deadpans, “Don't worry though I totally won the fight.”

It's my turn to snort now. “In your dreams. I won it.”

“Jesus. You're delusional.”

“And you're in denial.”

“Okay. This is happening. Is this how you guys flirt? Damn. I need to take lessons,” Jonah cuts in and everybody snickers. Everett gives me a grin and I return it.

“No, usually it's more heated,” Everett tells them.

Bridgett gives us a smug grin. “How heated?”

I roll my eyes at her. “You'll never know.”

The rest of the dinner passes by with light jokes and Everett and I pissing each other off, and everybody else enjoying the show. Clover keeps asking about his birthday presents and everyone keeps telling him that he'll only know tomorrow.

Everett and I do the dishes afterwards and then head to his room to take a shower. Both of us undress and get in the shower together, because Everett persists on his opinion that taking a shower together is more sensible than the other option. Not that I protest it all that much.

We get under the warm shower. Everett starts soaping me and massaging my shoulders. Then slowly tracing my skin. “I know exactly what you're doing,” I tell him, accusingly.

He kisses the back of my neck, wrapping his arms around my waist, making our bodies align with my back against his chest. “Is it working?”

“No.”

He bites my neck and I shiver. “Liar.”

“I am a good liar.”

“I am better at reading you then.” With that he cleans both of us, and then ignoring my protests, towels both of us dry. He drags me out of the shower and pushes me onto his twin-sized bed. I smirk up at him.

“Going to get me dirty after taking such great effort in cleaning me up?” I tease as I move up the bed.

“I can clean you up again, I'm good at it.” He moves next to the bed and I trace his body with my eyes. My gazing stops when it reaches his groin.

He smirks at me when I look back at him. “Like what you see?”

I roll my eyes at him. “I have had it in my mouth before, Everett.”

“It's going to be in something else today,” He assures me, giving me a filthy once over. I heat up under his gaze.

“Seriously Everett, we're loud. And your siblings are next door.”

He doesn't acknowledge my comment and says, “Turn over.”

Jesus. Christ. I raise my eyebrows at him. He gestures to me to turn over with his hands. And I do. On my hands and knees, I look sideways at him. He licks his lips as he gives me a long, hard look, that makes my body melt, making it hard for me to keep my position. He gets on the bed behind me and grabs my hips with one hand and with the other, pushes my shoulders as he brings his body against mine, making my hands give out and my face to fall on the pillow. Biting my shoulders, he whispers, “This way, you can just bite on the pillows, but I am not going easy on you.”

I can smell him, I can feel the heat of his body seeping into mine. He kisses his way down my spine and bites my waist, gently, tickling my skin. His muscles move against mine. I breathe out, “Asshole.”

“Yeah, yours is mine.”

That is the last coherent sentence either of us say, because after that, Everett bites onto my shoulder to keep quiet, and I bite the pillow to muffle my groans. My head is spinning and the only thing constant becomes him. His touch. His heat. And the feel of his heartbeat in mine.

We both take a while to catch our breaths, after we finish. Falling on the mattress in a sweaty mess. Everett pulls me closer and lays his head on my chest and wraps his leg around my thighs.

“That was revenge,” he mutters, “For the last time. My ass hurt the whole day during practice after that.”

I let out a laugh at that, and I feel Everett's lips curling up in a smile against my chest. “You can have revenge on me anytime then.”

There is a pause then. And I thought Everett must have fallen asleep, but then he says, “Zachary your eyes, they are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Like whisky, burns my throat each time I look into them.”

He falls asleep after that, and I am so glad for that because otherwise he would have felt my heartbeat. I don't know why those words make me want to cry. He isn't supposed to say things like that. But he did, and I can't help but believe them. Since whenever he smiles, I feel like it's the most beautiful thing to exist.

_________________________________________