"Having a baby really filled out your body. Now Becky over here doesn't know what to do with himself." Brandt snickered. Leave it to him to always state the obvious.

"Why are you looking at her body?" Beck clenched his jaw, irritated by both his brother's comment and the use of the nickname that is solely reserved for Jayce.

"When am I not looking at her body? I'm faithful Beckham, not blind." Brandt rolled his eyes laughing harder, "I honestly don't think there's a guy in this room that hasn't checked her out tonight. Including the gay ones."

I could tell by Beckham's body language that he was starting to get angry, he was now clenching that scotch glass a little too tightly. "Okay Brandt is being ridiculous, as always. I'm basically covered from head to toe." This was true at least in comparison to my typical wardrobe. This dress has long sleeves, and is calf-length.

I've worn this to church! Granted, at that time it didn't fit nearly as tight as it does now. Still haven't managed to shake off the baby weight quite yet. Though it sounds like it'd be Beckham's preference that it never leaves.

"Sure.. We can go with that." The younger De Loughrey nodded, patting me on the shoulder. "Whatever helps you sleep at night." He remarked before walking off to go mingle.

"You should go with him, you're the host of this event and yet you've been glued to my side all night."

"Someone needs to keep an eye on you." Beckham quipped pulling me in by the waist just as I was reaching for a flute of champagne, from one of the many trays servers were walking around with.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine. I will make your rounds with you. Hurry up before I change my mind, you know I don't like talking to strangers."

Beck let out a chuckle, leaning down pecking my lips. "Thank you love. I might just make it worth your while." My knees buckled at his words.

Shit. I think he means... I bit down on my bottom lip anticipation already building. It's been over two months, over two months. He honestly should not have said that, it's going to be the only thing I can think about now and we still have the rest of this lame ass event to muddle through. The event is that bad, granted. Watching Beckham's coworkers, constituents and subordinates get drunk and/or participate in mundane conversations is not my idea of a good time.

"Len, you remember Collin right?" Beckham squeezed my side, prompting me to reengage in whatever conversation is currently taking place, sensing that I had checked out.

"Yes. Your family is in the hotel & resort business, I take it that this another one of your properties?" I smiled softly, glancing around the large ballroom. "It's gorgeous."

Collin is Beckham's childhood best friend who accompanied us on that rather unfortunate yacht charter we took for my birthday. If memory serves correctly I think he ended up hooking up with Gia on the way home, but seeing the pretty Latina girl on his arm, I figured it'd be best to keep the more salacious details to myself.  

"Yes it is." He smiled back, "This is my girlfriend Valeria, but everyone calls her Via. I don't think you two have met before."

"Hi I'm Lennox, Beckham's—"

"Fiancee." Beck finished for me with a cocky grin. He hasn't even proposed yet, but I didn't bother correcting him. The entire purpose behind all of this is our inevitable marital union.

"It's nice to meet you, you're even more gorgeous in person." Via beamed, "I'm so glad to finally be meeting some of Collin's friends. We should double-date sometime!"

Dear God, please, no.  She seems like a nice enough young woman, but no.

"Of course." Beckham agreed causing me to stiffen in his arms, slightly irritated.