Principle Pulitzer

TW: Expulsion, misgendering

Crutchie POV
I glared at Pulitzer, and I could tell the rest of the gang was doing so too. He just looked right back at us, his cold gaze raking through us.

"I assume you know why I called you here." He stated, a deadly calm settling atop his voice.

"Yes, we do." Jack said, standing up. Jack had always been the one with the most courage to stand up to Pulitzer.

"Then I assume you know what I am here to do," Pulitzer said, raising an eyebrow. A sinister smirk creeped up his face. Jack faltered slightly.

"We don't actually, we thought you had just brought us here to congratulate us." Race put in sarcastically, saving Jack. This caused a laugh to bubble up from Pulitzer.

"Oh no. I brought you all here to give you the news. As of now, you are no longer students of The World High." Pulitzer stated. My jaw hit the ground, and so did the others. He. He just. My thoughts became jumbled as I tried to piece together.

"You can't just do that!" Romeo growled, standing up.

"Yeah," Spot agreed. "You have to actually have a reason to expel people."

"I do." Pulitzer said.

"And what is that?" A voice asked. It took me a second to realize the snarky and much more confident then I felt voice was mine.

"I don't have to explain myself to you." Pulitzer snapped.

"But it would do good if you could explain it to us." A voice said. This time, it wasn't mine. A person stepped into the office and a camera-person followed them.

"W-who are you?" Pulitzer asked.

"We are representatives from The Sun, I'm sure you heard of us. I am Diana Forunam, she/her, and this is my camera-person Hali, fae/faer." Diana explained, sticking out her hand to shake. The Sun is here! I thought excitedly. The Sun was one of the national news stations we had sent our evidence to.

"How did you get into my office?!" Pulitzer demanded.

"Thanks to the quick thinking of one Spot Conlon. He contacted us today and asked if he could have a mic so we could listen in to what Pulitzer had to say. It seems he knew you would be angry enough to call them in. As to how he got the access card to your office, I don't know." Diana stated simply. All eyes turned to Spot, who shrugged. He unclipped a small mic from his shirt and handed it to Diana, who gave it to Hali.

"And why is she here?" Pulitzer asked, pointing to Hali.

"One, it is fae. Not she. And two, we needed someone to record what was going down, and Hali is the best camera-person we have." Diana corrected, bitterness seeping into her voice. "So I will as again, please explain why you are expelling this group?"

Pulitzer was speechless, which is something I never thought could happen. Things quickly escalated and a completely out of control yelling match started between Pulitzer and Diana and Hali.

Before I knew it, there were both the police and representatives of the school board escorting us out of the office.

"Are we expelled?" Katherine asked one of the representatives.

"No, definitely not. And you will not be getting any of the treatment you did previously. The rules Pulitzer created are now null." The announced, causing our group to cheer. Suddenly the intercom creaked on.

"Due to a recent incident, school is canceled for today. Bus's are outside for those who need them," Hannah's voice rang through, before hanging up. Before long, the halls were crowded with kids pushing their way out. The police and representatives both asked us to stay, and we did. The school was weird when quiet.

"Are you nervous?" Elmer asked, gently squeezing my hand. I hadn't noticed until he said it, but yeah. I was extremely nervous.

"Yeah."

"I could tell, you were making the face you always do when you are nervous." Elmer explained. I suddenly had a burst of either confidence or stupidity, as I quickly whispered in his ear.

"Can I tell them about us?" I asked, nodding to the rest of the gang. Elmer nodded and I stood up.