A Date Planned by Another

TW:

Davey POV
Ah, a Monday without school. Truly an odd feeling, but not a bad one. Waking up was scary though, because for a second I thought I was late, before remembering we didn't have school. I got up and made my way to the kitchen. I was able to tell my dad bye, and after I grabbed some toast. I plopped myself down onto the couch and flicked the TV on.

I mindlessly watched the 'new Disney channel' as I called it. The new shows were AWFULLLLLLLL. I groaned as another weird and stupid show started to play. I went to YouTube and instead played pirated episodes of Phineas and Ferb, because why not. Les came down soon after and joined me, eating a basically-only-sugar cereal.

"I feel Candace is supposed to show how knowledgeable teens really are and yet, mostly because of their age, adults look down on them and do not believe them." Les contemplated, his eyes not moving from the screen.

"Mood," I involuntarily whispered.

"You two sound like the pinnacle of Gen Z." Sarah commented, walking into the living room.

"Gen Z: the only generation that can go from very very philosophical to using enormous amounts of slang." I added. We all laughed, but were quickly sucked back into the show.

~~~Time of the Skips~~~

Nobody POV

Group Name: The Newsiesssss

MomFriend: How is everyones project thing going?

JackBeNimble: ive finished

BirdyBoi: same

AlbertoWithoutAShirto: yeah

KingOfBrooklyn: I just need to edit

WarbyParker: Me too

LittleBrother1: i do too

LittleBrother2: i have an idea to propose

LesbianOfDoom: do tell

LittleBrother2: i will tell you all how far i am along

LittleBrother2: IF

LittleBrother2: you change my contact name

BetsAndRaces: no

LittleBrother1: no

FlirtingMenace: negative

JackBeNimble: nada

MomFriend: no can do

BirdyBoi: no sir

LesbianOfDoom: NOPE

LesbianOfDemise: ahaha no

KingOfBrooklyn: nah

WarbyParker: Sorry, but no

AlbertoWithoutAShirto: not sorry and still no

LittleBrother2: ...

LittleBrother2: wow

LittleBrother2: 1. So rude 2. Only one of you had to say no

LittleBrother1: but it is more fun to have literally everyone say no

BetsAndRaces: yeeeeeeee

LittleBrother2: okay since everyone here is stubborn i am going to go

FlirtingMenace: bye

MomFriend: Seriously though, how are everyones projects going?

JackBeNimble: i think everyone is done or very close to it

LesbianOfDemise: yep

Davey POV
I shut off my phone after Sarah's comment and plugged it in. I worked on some left over homework, finishing it rather quickly. I then got sucked into a YouTube spiral, and ended up happily watching videos about ant wars. My computer YouTube recommendations are so much different yet so much better than my normal ones. I realized.

"Davey!" Sarah suddenly yelled, jolting me out of my trance of sorts.

"What?!" I yelled back. She didn't answer. "WHAT?!" I yelled louder, and she still did not respond. I got up, pulling my earbuds out, and made my way to her room.

"There you are! You didn't answer me." Sarah said as I came into her view.

"Excuse me? No. YOU didn't answer ME. I answered after you yelled at me." I argued. Sarah mumbled something under her breath, and I was about to ask about it, before she abruptly changed the subject.

"When is your next date with Jack?" Her question caught me off-guard, and I took a second to process it.

"We actually haven't had a date sort of thing in a while." I realized.

"I am going to set one up for you. You cannot reject," She added the second comment as I opened my mouth to do so. "Just ask Jack if he is free Wednesday night from like 5:30 to 7:00." I knew I wasn't going to win this battle, so I grabbed my phone and asked.

"He said he is free then, and that he is cool with you setting up a date." I relayed to her. Sarah squealed a little before shoo-ing me out of her room. Something about "needing materials for the date and you cannot see them". I sighed and walked back to my room, deciding to go further down the YouTube rabbit hole.

I think I actually am excited for this date. I realized. I had usually been the type of person to get others to do things, so it was nice to have someone plan what I was going to do for a change.