t h r e e

Mean Teachers, Lip-Ring Fantasies and Dinosaurs

When my nose had stopped bleeding, and Ms. Menslow pushed it back into place putting some special tape stuff on it, traffic light and I walked to our period one class, which coincidently is the same class.

Oh what fun.

Clutching my late slip tightly, I pushed open the door to the Literature classroom.

Upon hearing the door open, 24 or so pairs of eyes all looked towards our direction.

"Ms. Hind. Thank you for gracing us with your appearance." I nodded meekly at my literature teacher, Mr. Gibson.

Mr. Gibson was probably the most intimidating and scary teacher our school has. In appearance he looks exactly like the old man from Up. The only difference was he didn't have a floating house.

To make things worse he just generally hates me. I feel like part of it was because of my older older (yes I said older older) brother, Peter. Peter was always a prankster and Mr. Gibson was claimed to be the perfect target.

The other part is probably because I'm not particularly good at literature. I'm a science and math kinda person, so being in this class and barely passing seems to determine the teachers judgement of the said student.

Sam and I handed him our late slips.

"And may I ask as to who this may be?" Mr. Gibson's beady eyes bored into my soul.

"This is Sam." I replied simply. I waved a sarcastic salute to Mr. Gibson, then retreated to a seat in the back row.

"Sam, please tell us about yourself."

"Well I moved here with my family over the summer." He shrugged. He then walked towards my direction, sitting besides me.

"And why are you both late? Ms. Hind, you should know the rules of PDA upon campus, especially if it causes students to be late." The whole class snickered, as I gave Mr. Gibson a flat look.

Well, I crashed into Traffic Light's chest on my way to your class and because of his rock hard abs, I broke my nose because the muscle in my nose is extremely fragile. Anyway I was in the nurses office draining my nose and putting it back into place, but you should know this because it is written all over the late slip, I thought about answering but fought against it.

"The late slip." I replied, pointing towards the two.

After reading it over he looked back at me. "Ahh broken nose. That's why your nose is uglier than normal."

The whole class snickered, whilst I openly glared at Mr. Gibson.

I opened the backup notebook I kept in my bag, and stared out the window.

I've always hated literature because I'm just not good at the whole writing a story or poem. I had no writing ability at all. Even the Skunk guy from Dadnapped had more writing ability than I did.

I looked down at the book I got handed as the class novel. Romeo and Juliet by Shakespear.

I scrunched up my face but immediately cringed because of my nose.

I don't read big books. I don't read books as it is. The biggest book I've ever read would have to be one of the Geronimo Stilton books. This book will take all of my willpower to read.

"Hi again." A voice whispered from beside me. Not feeling the need to socialise with the person next to me, I ignored the voice and continued to stare out the window.

"Yo, Girly. Are you deaf?" The voice called again. I ignored it again.

Taking a pencil out of my pencil case I started to draw across my page.

After drawing one line, my elbow got poked, making the line crooked with a weird curve to it.

"What do you want, Samuel?" I snapped, whisper-yelling.

"Hi." He replied sheepishly. I glared at him and continued to draw.

"Hey girly?"

Keep ignoring him. He will get bored. I told myself, not trusting myself entirely.

"Which is better? Cheese or butter?"

"You can't ignore me forever."

"I'm irresistible."

There was a slight pause. He must of gotten bored. I happy-danced mentally at the revelation.

Boy was I wrong.

"Hey, can you lick your elbow? I've tried multiple times but it just can't be done."

"Ya know I've always wanted a lip ring. I think it would look great with my bandanas."

Running the image of Samuel with a lip ring in my mind had me almost swooning. To say the least, he would be absolutely sexy with a lip ring.

I drew the last stroke of my drawing just as the bell rang.

"Hey girly, what did you draw?" Samuel asked.

"It's a dinosaur ripping off the top of a traffic light with blonde hair and a bandana." I said nonchalantly, showing him my cartoon drawing.

He visibly swallowed at my violent thoughts. "That's... uhh... That's nice." I found it incredibly cute when he was all flustered.

Without a further word, I walked out of class and walked to Chemistry.