t w o

Nutty Nurses, Broken Noses and Traffic Lights

We continued down the corridor in a deafening silence. I looked at the guy and then back at my shoes.

If my brothers caught me skipping with him, he is practically road kill.

My brain tried its hardest to figure out who this boy was, but all I got was blank.

"Who... who are you?" I bluntly asked, looking at the male beside me, examining his facial features. "I mean... What is your name and why have I never seen you before? Are you new, because I know the name of every student in Richmond, even though no one knows my name?"

This was indeed true. I wasn't necessary unpopular but I was definitely not popular. I was very observant and remembered names easier than remembering poems.

"I'm Samuel Toby Owen Peters, but you can call me god of hotliness, and yes, I'm very new." He pulled his lip into an extremely cocky grin, ruffling his hair.

I ran his name over and over again in my mind, trying to find a suitable nickname for this casanova. I'm not going to give him the pleasure of calling him by his name.

"I think I'll call you traffic light." I muttered

He looked at me with a cute confused expression on his face his eyebrows slowly knitted together. "Why traffic light?" He pouted slightly, not understanding where I was coming from.

I smiled slightly at his pout. If he didn't know already, he was incredibly attractive. I can't deny it; there's no point.

"Reasons." I simply replied.

"Anyway who are you?" He asked, his eyes sweeping across my figure.

"I'm Presley, Elvis Presley." I replied, sounding slightly nasally because of my hand placed upon my nose.

Samuel released a chuckled. "Really who are you?"

Before I could reply, the nurse's office caught my attention. I opened the door to the nurse's office, the nurse turning her attention away from the computer and towards the door.

"Oh Presley, honey." Ms. Menslow rushed towards me. Samuel's eyebrows scrunched even more, confusion gracing his features.

Ms. Menslow was a kind women in her early twenties that worked as our school nurse. She was nice to you whether she personally likes you or not. If she doesn't like you, she'll play cruel tricks on you about your health, whilst pulling a friendly "I-am-your-friend" smile.

One time she made some kid believe that he had a deadly STD that was highly contagious and could kill the next person he had sex with. I had grown to take a liking in her due to my frequent injuries over the years.

"What have you done now? WAIT, let me guess. Was it your skateboard? NO, a flying football? Waaiiittt. Had your brothers finally had enough of you that they had beat you up? Did someone hurt you? If so I will jump whoever the hell decided to hurt my little Presleypoo." She ruffled my hair.

"Oh no Ms. M. I ran into a wall. Again." I shrugged.

"Oh that's great to hear. Well not really but at least it isn't serious." She started to examine my nose when she finally felt the presence of another human being in the room. "Who are you?" She pointed her finger rudely at Samuel's face.

He squirmed slightly under her intense gaze. "Um I-I'm Sam, SAMUEL. I helped her get here after her... uh... crash?" He looked at me, pleading with his eyes to help me. He seemed so cocky before and he's gone all shy.

I personally found this quite entertaining but I am a nice person and figured I should try to help him out.

"Yeah, he was great help." I shrugged.

He nodded his head eagerly.

"Well it's nice to see a male showing the slightest bit of chivalry, even though you were the cause of her injury." Ms. Menslow replied nonchalantly, a smirk plastered on her face and she dressed my nose.

I looked briefly at Samuel as he did the same and looked back to Ms. M.

"Huh?" We both muttered at the same time.

"Presley, honey. You should know me by now." She chuckled. "Nothing - and I mean nothing - gets past me. Especially when it comes to my Presleypoo." She tugged on my cheeks.

"B-but."

"Don't but me boy." Ms. M snapped. Sam instantly shrunk back into his position.

"It was an accident, Ms. M. I guarantee." I reasoned with her.

"I believe you, but if you're playing me I will find out and you know that." Indeed I did. Unfortunately.

"Yes Ms. Menslow."

"Yes Ms. M."

"Well now that's settled..." She paused and smirked. "Presley, tell me about your new friend."