TWENTY-TWO

•TWENTY-TWO•
Matthew

"It's me before you two start freaking out." A sigh of relief escapes my lips when I see Amara's best friend walk through the door. "Is she okay?" She raises her eyebrows and points to a sleeping Amara.

"She got her period, she's tired." I shrug. "Did you need something?"

"Well actually the Dean is on his way here to talk to you and I knew Amara was here so I've come to warn you." She tells me and my eyes widen.

"Shit." I mutter, feeling guilty because I'm about to wake up my girl. "Mara." I whisper and nudge her gently.

She squints her eyes shut and a small groan escapes her mouth.

"What?" She whispers.

"I'm really sorry, baby, but you need to wake up. The Dean is on his way here." Her eyes fly open and she grabs her bag. When she stands up I can tell she's dizzy, so I grab hold of her to stop her from falling.

I coo at how she rests her head against my chest and a small chuckle escapes my lips when she begins to nod off again.

"Baby."

"Sleepy." She whines and I look over to Bo who is looking at us with a small smile.

"Come on, Amara. I'm sure you'll see him later." Bo grabs hold of her hand and leads her towards the door.

"Bye." She whispers and I smile.

"See you later." I wink and she grins before walking out with her best friend.

I take a seat back at my desk and then a couple minutes later the Dean walks in with a small frown on his face.

My heart begins to race.

"Professor James." He greets, slowly closing the door behind him.

"What do I owe your visit?" I question him straight away, wanting to know what I've done.

"Nothing bad, Professor James. Nothing bad at all." He takes a seat in front of me and I raise my eyebrows. "Now your class isn't huge but I have spoken with the other professors and it is required for you to have one to one meetings with each of your students. Help them with anything they are struggling with and give them advice."

I slowly nod my head. "I will email them tomorrow morning and make appointments." The Dean smiles.

"I do however need to have a meeting with one of your students, her name is Amara Wesley." My stomach drops at his request to speak to my Mara.

"Why would you need to speak to her?" I ask, trying not to sound so suspicious.

"She's your top student right?" I nod. "Well one of your students came to me saying they need tutoring and they wanted Amara to tutor them."

I clench my jaw. "Zion?" The Dean nods his head. "I said he did not need tutoring. His work is at top standard."

"And I understand that, Professor James, but we cannot deny these students extra tutoring. They want to be the best they can be." I fucking hate this man. "I will be asking Amara Wesley to tutor Zion Brown and of course she will be rewarded for her time."

"Fine." I give him a tight-lipped smile.

He stands up from the chair. "You should be proud you have such smart students."

"I am."

What I'm not happy with is the fact that Zion will be spending more time with my girl.

And what's even worse is the fact that I denied him extra tutoring only for him to go to the Dean like the petty little boy he is.

•••

"Are you okay?" Amara questions me as I sit at the dining table in deep thought.

I think back to the conversation the Dean and I had earlier on.

"What's your relationship like with Zion?" I don't hesitate to question and she puts her fork down looking at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Well he's my friend." She shrugs. "Why?"

"He's requested you for tutoring." I roll my eyes and Amara's eyes widen.

"He hasn't spoken to me about that." She frowns.

"Well he came to me to ask and I said he doesn't need it. So he went to the Dean and said that you'll be rewarded for tutoring Zion." I mumble.

"Rewarded with what?" She smirks and I give her a blank look. "Sorry." She whispers. "It's not that bad. Why are you being so defensive?"

"I'm not." I pout and she giggles.

"Matthew, your face says very differently." She raises her eyebrows and stares at me in amusement.

"I don't like him." I admit and Amara tilts her head. "I know it's silly but I know he likes you. He's only asking you to tutor him because he wants you and before you ask how I know, it's because I offered another student to tutor him and he denied them straight away. I just don't trust him, baby." I grab hold of her hand and she gives me a gentle smile.

"I want you. I only want you." She reassures me and stands up, taking a seat on my lap. "You're my big, cuddly teddy bear." She coos, wrapping her arms around me and I chuckle.

"I'm yours and your mine?" I whisper, looking up at her with wide eyes.

"Of course, baby." She whispers, stroking my cheek and I lean further into her touch.

"I only really speak to Zion on campus. Trust me, you're not the only one who doesn't like him." She sighs and I frown.

"Who else?"

"Bo and some other people. I've been trying to avoid asking why." She shrugs and I begin to feel uneasy. I don't want Mara anywhere near that boy. "Don't worry, I'll make sure I tutor him in a public place."

"Good." I nod.

We continue to cuddle each other in a comfortable silence before Amara breaks it.

"You want me to suck your dick to relief the stress?"

I can't help but laugh.

Only Amara would say something like this.

"Go on then."

A/N
💜