THIRTEEN

•THIRTEEN•
Amara

It's the following week and the day of the trip to the theatre. Bo, Zion and I are sat at the back of the coach, watching everyone walk on and take their seats. Marie and her clan also get on and throw us a dirty glare when she sees we've taken the back seats.

A smirk etches onto her face making me frown and I watch as she walks off of the coach, leaving her little minions to question where she's going. I take a look out the window to see her talking to Matthew and I roll my eyes as I watch her flutter her lashes at him.

A couple other professors take their seat on the coach and it's only now that I wonder where Marie is going to sit now that her previous seat has been taken.

Then my blood boils.

The only spare seat is next to Matthew! The little bitch did that on purpose!

I watch with jealous eyes as Marie takes a seat by the window, Matthew then makes eye contact with me and I raise my eyebrows. He quickly looks away and sits down next to Marie.

"Marie's a bitch." Bo whispers in my ear and I nod my head in agreement. There's a burning feeling in the pit of my stomach knowing that Marie is up to something.

I get a notification on my phone and see that it is from Matthew.

M- Sorry, I didn't want her next to me.

A- It's fine.

I lock my phone and begin to listen to music, trying to ignore Marie's loud obnoxious cackle from the front of the coach.

"Shut the fuck up!" Bo yells, causing the whole bus to go quiet and my eyes widen. Everyone turns to look at us with wide eyes so I continue to stare out the window.

•••

The theatre that we are going to tonight requires us to wear formal wear. I grin at myself in the mirror, running my fingers down the straight neck navy, satin dress that hugs all the right places- it falls just below my knees.

"You planning on getting fucked tonight?" I stare at Bo through the mirror and smile at how good she looks in her pink two piece suit.

"I'm guessing you are because you look hot!" I wink and she smiles, spinning round on the spot.

"You still on for tonight after the play?" She questions, putting on a pair of white strap heels.

"Yes." I nod, grabbing my clutch. "Might as well make the most of our trip."

"What about Professor James?" She wiggles her eyebrows and I sigh.

"What about him?"

"Well are you going to visit his room?" She questions and then concern fills my body when I realise that I won't be there to help him with his nightmares.

"Probably not." I shrug and she nods her head. "Not if Marie gets there before me." I scoff.

We walk out of our room and towards the hotel lobby. We see Zion with his best friend Brett and make our way over to them.

Zion's eyes widen when he makes eye contact with me. "Wow, Amara, you look-you look good." He blushes, rubbing the back of his neck and I smile thanking him.

"Jeez, thanks Zion." Bo playfully glares and he chuckles.

"You too, Bo."

As we wait for people to gather in the lobby I look around to see who is already here and my heart begins to race when I make eye contact with a set of deep blue eyes.

Matthew stares at me with wide eyes and an open mouth. I watch in amusement as he adjusts the tie around his neck, clearly loosening it a little. My eyes trail down his body which is clad in a navy three piece suit.

We're matching.

He always manages to look so effortlessly gorgeous.

"Give me a minute, I need to ask Professor James about the seating arrangements." I use as an excuse and walk away from the group and towards the man that is constantly occupying my mind.

"Professor James." I greet, looking up at his tall frame.

"Mar-Amara." He coughs, looking around at our surroundings. "You look beautiful." He whispers when no-one is near and I smile.

"You look good too." I nod, trailing my eyes up and down his body again. "I just wanted to ask about the seating arrangements. Did you get my email?" I flutter my eyelashes and tilt my head.

"Your request has been sorted." He gulps and my smile widens.

"Thank you, sir." I whisper and his face goes red.

"You are very welcome." He nods and soon Marie is making her way over. I roll my eyes before walking away.

"Fucking bitch." I grumble.

•••

"Where's your seat?" Zion questions next to me at the entrance of the theatre.

I look down at the ticket. "Thirty-two K."

"Oh." He whispers in disappointment. "I asked Professor James if I could be with you and Bo but he's put me and Brett right at the front.

"The seats you wanted were probably already booked, I don't know." I shrug and he nods his head, disappointment still evident on his face.

It's not that big of a deal.

Bo and I walk in arm and arm into the theatre and find our seats. I'm sat right at the back and Bo is sat in the seat in front of me, next to a girl called Tiana who she fancies.

I take my seat on the end of the row, away from the staircase. A smirk makes its way on to my face when Matthew side steps his way over to the empty chair next to mine.

"Matthew." I whisper.

"Mara." He whispers back, unbuttoning his suit jacket before taking a seat next to me.

The play soon begins but I find myself struggling to concentrate. I stare at Matthew's side profile and begin to memorise the perfect curve of his nose and every beauty spot that lays on his tan skin.

His brown wavy hair is styled perfectly and his beard enhances his strong bone structure. 

This man makes me want to do sinful things to his body.

I lick my lips and stare down at Matthew's lap, my eyes widen at the bulge.

I look down the row of people to see all eyes on the stage in front of them. I then slowly run my palm over him and I try to contain my giggle when he jumps and stares at me with wide eyes.

"N-Not here, Mara. Later." He whispers, releasing a shaky breath.

Later?

He wants me to go to his room.

I might just have to ditch the night out tonight, I would much rather spend it in Matthew's bed.

Throughout the play I continue to play with the ring on Matthew pinky. I'm mainly just daydreaming instead of watching the Shakespeare tragedy in front of me.

"You are staying with me tonight right? We can figure a way to get you into my room without being seen." I jump as Matthew whispers in my ear, keeping his eyes forward and I clench my thighs together.

"Yes." I gulp and he nods, flexing his pinky so I go back to playing with the gold ring.

"Good." I bite my lip when I feel a sudden sense of dominance radiate from him.

Now that he's coming out of his shell, I'm starting to think he isn't as innocent as he seems.

A/N
🤭💜