Everett just sighs and all of their attention turns to me. Everett's mom comes over to give Everett a hug and then turns to me. “I am Eleanor. His mom,” she points to Everett.

“I am Zachary,” I say, holding out a hand to shake. But Eleanor snorts, completely ignoring my hand and pulls me into a hug. For a moment, I go still. My mind reeling at the thought of being hugged like this. I slowly return it and immediately pull away.

“Your tattoo is badass,” I tell her.

She grins wider. “I like you already.”

“Wait a second, I feel like I have seen you somewhere before,” A younger boy, sitting at the dining table turns to me curiously. The birthday boy.

I gulp. “Nope, I don't think so.”

Everett scowls at me. “No lying.”

Dammit. I sigh. “I am Zachary Alvarez, son of Francis Alvarez and Natalia Windsor.”

I wait a bit to let that information sink in and soon enough Everett's sister's mouth lets out a surprised gasp. “Oh my god. You are the son of Francis Alvarez? The movie director?”

“Yes,” I say politely, discomfort creeping up my skin.

“Why the fuck are you dating my brother again?” She gapes.

I look at her, surprised, then burst out laughing.

“We are not dating.” Everett says, exasperated.

“Sure. Whatever you say,” Everett's younger brother rolls his eyes at him, then turns to me with a smile, “I am Clover,” he says and then points to his sister, “That's Bridgett.”

I smile at both of them.

“And I am his dad,” The man standing in the kitchen says, “Parker.”

My attention turns to him. I notice that he has warm brown eyes, brown hair and the same posture as Everett. I also realize that none of them except Everett has those sea-foam green eyes. It's all his.

Jonah comes into the kitchen then. I hadn't realized that he had left. Too occupied with getting introduced to Everett's family.

“I put your bags upstairs,” Jonah says to us, “In your room. You guys are sharing right?”

Everett looks at me with a raised eyebrow. I shrug.

“Go on then, settle down both of you, and then we can have dinner,” Parker says, warmly.

Everett takes me upstairs, towards his room and I feel eager to see his room all of a sudden.

It's just a goddamn room, get a grip, Zachary.

He opens the door, and I am surprised and unsurprised to see that most of what should be his walls are covered in bookshelves. His room looks like a library. He even has a bookshelf under his bed. Most of them are covered with funky stickers and pictures. Pictures of him, his family, friends, trips and I can't take my eyes off it.

Everett closes the door behind us, and then I hear the lock click. I look over my shoulder. “It's nice, it's you.”

He smiles, taking a step closer to me. I turn to face him. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me to him for a kiss. I close my eyes, gripping on his arms as I kiss him back. Our lips detach and we look at each other.

“Your mom is badass and your family thinks I am your boyfriend,” I tell him.

“My Mom used to be a rider, and I like that they think you are my boyfriend.”

Just as he says that I try to pull away from him. No. This isn't supposed to be like that. It's just sex, nothing more. His grip around me tightens.

“Everett, you and I both know I suck at relationships. Every relationship that I have had ended because of me, it's—” Everett cuts me off with a kiss on my forehead. Nobody has ever kissed me on my forehead and never that gently.

“All of them ended because you didn't want them Zachary, you didn't let them know the real you, but I do. I know about your nasty parents, I know about your shitty past, I know about your hurt and nothing will keep me away from you. I have seen how you love your sister, how you treat the people who you love, I have seen you vulnerable, without all of those walls that you have put around you,” Everett smiles, and it's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, “And just thinking about someone else holding you like this hurts me. So if you are saying that you don't want to try being with me solely for the reason that you don't want to, then I will back off but if it's because of something stupid like your past relationships then fuck you, I am not letting you go. I meant it when I said I call dibs.”

Calling dibs. Jesus. Suddenly I can't find words to speak. It's like I forgot my language. So I stare at him. Never has anyone ever looked at me the way Everett is looking at me right now and maybe a part of me wants to enjoy that look for a while more. Even if it's just a second.

______________________________________