(17) A Snowy Getaway

Seven months later..

Bucky and Ashlynn made it to their chalet in Colorado. They landed late so they checked in got their key and went straight there. They slept until the next morning when they went to have breakfast. 

After breakfast, they went to her parents place. Bucky was introduced to her father Ashton and her mother Maggie. He also met her siblings and nieces and nephews. Maggie was thrilled to show off pictures and home videos to Bucky. 

They spent the whole day there before returning to the chalet. The next day while she was having girl time with her sisters and mom. Bucky joined Ashton on the slopes. After spending the day with Ashton. 

"Ashton.the reason why I also wanted to fly out here. Is because I would like ask your blessing to marry Ashlynn." He said 

Ashton smiled at him. "I had a feeling there was more to this trip. But of course you have my blessing. I see the way you look at her. It's the same way I look at my Maggie. Pure love and adoration." Ashton said 

Bucky smiled at him. "I do love her. She came into mine and my daughter's world and lit it up again." He said 

"I know. She's always been a light to our family." Ashton said as they got in their cars. 

******************************

On their last night in Colorado Bucky planned a whole romantic night. Complete with strawberries and champagne and slow dancing. They had lobster and steak for dinner danced to some old classic country love songs in front of the fireplace. 

"Baby I love you. And ever since I met you it's like my whole body and soul is on fire again. You brought life laughter and joy back into my world. You made me believe again in love and second chances. When I lost Sarah I never wanted to move on. But with you I wanted to move on and start my life again. So Ashlynn Matilda Peters..Will You Marry Me?" He said as he dropped to one knee and opened the box. 

She gasped! 

"Oh my god James! Yes! Oh my god. Oh my god." She whispered as he slid the ring on her finger. 

He kissed her. "It's beautiful Buck." She whispered as she wiggled her fingers. 

"Like you." He said as he tucked some of her hair.