Chapter 10

Kokichi woke up to the faint sound of snoring- Rantaro's snoring. His head rose and fell to the rhythm of the noise; it took him a moment to realize that he was actually on top of Rantaro.

The sleeping boy didn't seem to mind it, however, arm haphazardly wrapped around the small of Kokichi's back.

He felt warm and content with where he was. He almost didn't want to leave.

Almost.

Kokichi had fallen asleep early, and was now wide awake. Purple eyes lazily scanned the bright red lights of the blinking alarm clock. 7am.

He internally groaned. Wasn't it Sunday? Why was he waking up so early on a weekend? Well, he supposed it didn't really matter- he had the whole week off, anyways.

Carefully maneuvering his way out of Rantaro's embrace, Kokichi slid off the bed.

He stretched out his extremities as he looked towards the window. There was a little bit of sunlight shining through the maroon curtains, filling the room with a faint light.

Kokichi walked up to the window, running his palm across the smooth fabric of the curtains before pulling them aside. The room was filled with a serene light in an instant. The sun was just now starting to rise up into the sky, illuminating the houses nearby with an amber glow. A low hum left Kokichi's lips as he observed the surrounding area- he had never actually been in this area before until now.

As he wondered where exactly in the city he was, he picked up on the sounds of sheets shuffling behind him. Rantaro had probably woke up. So much for him trying to keep quiet.

He listened to the quiet footsteps that grew louder as they got closer. In a matter of seconds, Kokichi felt an arm slip around his waist. He took a quick glance to his side, taking a moment to look at Rantaro standing next to him before turning his gaze back to the window. "Good morning," He mumbled.

"I didn't take you for an early riser." Rantaro mused. Kokichi found his rough (yet quiet and gentle) morning voice to be soothing.

Ironically enough, Kokichi started to yawn. "I'm not." He brought his hand to his now wide open mouth, yawning for a solid few seconds.

Rantaro laughed faintly. "I guess that's what happens when you sleep early, huh?"

Kokichi said nothing, merely nodding his head. He wasn't even sure if Rantaro saw it or not- he was too focused on a bird in the distance that had landed on a nearby roof.

The two stood in comfortable silence for a minute or so. Rantaro was the one to break it. "It's pretty outside today, huh?"

Once again Kokichi nodded. He hummed softly in agreement, resting his head on Rantaro's upper arm as he watched the bird fly away.

Forget what he said about not wanting to leave the bed earlier. If there was any moment of time in his life he could freeze and live in forever, it'd definitely be this one. (It won by a landslide, too.)

So, naturally, Kokichi felt a little disappointment when Rantaro broke away from him. "I'm gonna take a shower." He had said. Shortly after, Kokichi heard the door open and close.

Kokichi only felt a little disappointed, however. As he heard the water turn on (the bathroom was right next to Rantaro's bedroom), the corners of his lips etched upwards into a smile.

Last night, Kokichi had accidentally stumbled into the wrong room after a brief (yet incredibly intense) moment of disorientation. Upon first glance, Kokichi immediately assumed that it was a library of sorts. Rantaro had called it an office- but either way, of course there'd be a place like this in the house.