Chapter 6

Rantaro didn't know what to expect.

He knew that Kokichi and his sisters would have to meet eventually (especially since they both came home before him), but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't worried about how it'd turn out.

The only thing he knew was that he wasn't expecting them to get along as well as they actually did.

Rantaro was genuinely (and pleasantly) surprised to see Kokichi actually playing nice with someone for a change. (Now that was a rare sight. Just how hard had the supreme leader hit his head?) All throughout the day not a singular mean word left his mouth. (Later on in the day, when Kokichi was asked how he felt about his sisters, the only bad thing he'd said was about the headache inducing squeals the twins gave. Rantaro just laughed him off, telling him that he'd get used to it eventually.)

Of course, it didn't mean he wasn't his usual meddlesome self; if anything, Kokichi was even more mischievous with the help of his two youngest (and most gullible) sisters, Airi and Eri. They were often giggling with glee as Kokichi told lie after interesting lie, such as how his evil organization had over 10,000 members and how he'd promote them to second-in-command once they were old enough to join. Even Itsuki and Hikari got their kicks out of the ordeal, such as whenever Kokichi would express absurd amounts of affection towards Rantaro by doing something as innocuous as hug his arm or sit in his lap. (He was fairly sure he'd heard a camera shutter go off at one point in time- probably Hikari's doing.)

Time had passed by in an instant, and before they knew it the moon had already rose up high in the night sky and the clock had struck half past nine. The group had dispersed and retreated to their own rooms for the night.

An hour after they had initially broke away from Rantaro's sisters, Kokichi and him weren't doing anything too exciting in his room room. The last hour was spent with Rantaro helping Kokichi catch up on what he missed during class. The small boy was smarter than he looked, but it made sense at the same time, considering how most supreme leaders are probably smart to some degree.

Rantaro was off in his own little word now that he had finished helping Kokichi out. He had a book on his lap, some work of fiction that Itsuki had recommended him, but his mind had started to wander and soon enough the book lay forgotten in his lap.

As his mind wandered, so did his green eyes. He watched as Kokichi played with a neat braid in his hair that Hikari had made, humming a little tune to himself.

The two weren't saying anything to each other. There were hardly any sounds in the air, save for Kokichi's humming. It made for a relaxing, peaceful silence- one which Rantaro enjoyed a lot.

His thoughts went back to earlier in the day. Apparently, the entire Sleeping Beauty schtick that happened earlier was Kokichi's idea. Rantaro didn't believe it at first, but when Itsuki nodded her head in agreement he had no choice.

Kokichi had noticed Rantaro looking at him after some time had passed. "Y'know..." He started, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "You can kiss me again if you'd like." He let go of his braid and grabbed the bottle of room temperature soda from the nightstand, twisting off the cap and sipping the last of his Grape Panta.

"Hm?" Rantaro snapped out of his trance. "What?"

"You heard me." Kokichi smirked, holding the bottle up as he eyed the trash can near the desk in his room. "Unless... you want me to initiate it?!" He gasped, eyes never leaving the trash can.

Rantaro furrowed his brows. "No, I actually didn't hear you. What did you say?" He asked, watching as Kokichi launched the bottle forward. It arched high into the air and landed into the trashcan with ease.