Chapter 64

Parking my car in the driveway of my house, I walk up the walkway to the front door. Before I'm able to knock, it slowly opens up on its own. Before me, he house is filled with darkness, the wind whistles through the cracks of the window. I get an eerie feeling that sweeps over my body, something isn't right.

Slowly, my foot steps inside the house, then the other one comes along. I look up the stairs not seeing any light. Silence fills the house; the only noise is from my feet and the erratic breathing of my heart.

"Hello?" I say out loud. No one answers me, that's good, I'm alone. Maybe someone came in and stole something, but I can't see anything due to it being pitch black. A light comes from behind me, but it's the street lights outside.

I rush over in the living room, quickly turning on the lamp. Once the lamp is on the light illuminates the whole room. Nothing looks missing or out of the ordinary. Pulling my phone out of my pocket I check the time, it's 8:30. I need to hurry up and grab this necklace so I can go back to Alexander's apartment. With it being in San Francisco, it was an hour drive here and an hour drive back. Traffic is going to be hell; I can feel it.

Standing still in the living room, my phone starts to ring. I jump from fright, god who could that be? I bet it's my grandpa calling me again to ask if I'm ok. He acts like I'm a 11-year-old that has been in summer camp for 2 months. Checking the caller ID, I see that it's Alexander.

"Hello." I hear him let out a grunt, it sounds like he's getting into bed. Or moving something around.

"Hey, you there?" He asks.

"Yes, got here like 5 minutes ago." I didn't tell him about the door being open, and someone may or may not be in this house right now. He would run over here so quickly, and it might be nothing. There have been many times when grandpa would leave the door open. He's so absentminded, I think it's where I get it from.

"Just wanted to make sure you were ok. I'm going to bed, wake me when you come in."

"Ok, love you, bye."

"Love you too." I hang up the phone, and stuff it in the back pocket of my jeans.

Maybe there is nothing suspicious going on here. If you don't think of scary thoughts, there won't be any scary thoughts. Let's just get the necklace and head back to Alexander's apartment.

Walking out the living room, I see a figure standing in the foyer of the front door. Their legs were width part, arms were hanging lazily on the sides. I couldn't make out the identity of the figure, due to us being apart and it's rather dark where they are standing. But just a little light was shown from the streetlights. I could tell it was a woman, the hair sits quietly on their shoulder. A few strands blow from the wind coming from the door.

"Who are you?" I say to the mystery women. She doesn't move, and doesn't say anything.

As I walk closer, I hear trembling coming from the person's lips.

It can't be.

I won't allow it to be.

I turn on the light above the door, the unknown identity is now known to me.

Irene.

Her eyes are blood shot red, tears stream down her not so fair skin. I can see the trembling of not only her upper lips, but her fingers. Her hair looks erratic, like someone ran a million hands through it. When she looks at me, her eyes tell me to leave. To get out of here, a great evil is coming this way.

"Irene, what's going on." She doesn't answer me. Her head shakes erratically, not wanting to voice any words. Not wanting to plunge the eerie silence around us. "I can't help you if you don't say anything."