CHAPTER 07

MISAPPREHENDED
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"DID something happen between you and Tom?" the sudden question made Tord flinch, then lowly turn around to face Edd who waited for his response in anticipation. Tord didn't understand what exactly he meant by that, so he asked. "What do you mean?" he looked back at the product he was currently checking its contents and price. "Well..." Edd wandered off, and Tord was already going to the different shelf to buy another canned food. "This is gonna sound super awkward," Edd mumbled and the other gave a short hum, not really paying attention. ".. Are you guys..." he's getting flushetered by each second and Tord doesn't even bother to care much about it until—
"have you two grown closer?"
Tord's icy gray eyes widened, halted at whatever he was doing. He almost choked on his own saliva, as he turned around his whole body toward Edd. His shocked expression now changing into disgust and something that showed; are-you-fucking-saying-that?
"What."  Tord states rather than a question. Edd was baffled, eyes wide as he mumbled an apology. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to eavesdrop on you two!"
"When did you even-" Tord growled with anger written all over his face when it finally clicked. Oh. So that was him in the kitchen. "You mentioned something about a 'next time', so I thought-" The Norwegians face twisted even more, "That's not-"
"seriously, are you guys really pretending to hate each other?" and there he goes talking nonsensical shit again. Tord was already getting ticking the more Edd kept assuming things. "Edd," he called out his name. "-No, seriously, I'm not mad at all! Maybe I am, a bit disappointed. And if you wanna keep it a secret then-" Edd sputtered and the norski had been grinding his teeth together, trying to cope the sudden urge to punch him so that it would stop. "Edd- Edd!" he said his name again until the brit came back to his senses. "What?" Tord sighed, breathing in sharply through his still clattered teeth. "Tom and I are not," he grabbed Edd by the shoulders before violently shaking him. "-close! He's still an asshole, remember?"

"I know, but-" Edd is still getting shook by Tord who is chanting "Please shut up," on repeat like a mantra. It's angering and pissing him off the more Edd talks about it. The bruenette finally managed to pull away from his grip, "Alright, fine! Sorry, I think I mistook about the things you two were talking about in the kitchen, what was it even about then?"
"It's nothing." Tord really didn't want to say anything regarding the incident, it just made him more confused yet mad at the same time. "Then-" the brunette pipes up, raising his index finger as if he's about to say one his dumb assumptions, but is quickly interrupted by Tord. "No, Edd, please shut up. Let's just go get that cola stack we were going to buy." the said male is hesitant, "Don't hide things from me." he mumbles quietly, and tord pretends to not hear it. He dropps his hand down to his side before tailing behind him. Soon enough the duo is at the cash counter, Edd checking out the bill as Tord walks out to wait just outside the store. He could see Edd's figure dumping the stacks of cola with the help from one of the workers there into the shopping cart. The norski shifts his gaze at the dull, pale blue sky that seem to be darken ever so slowly. He doubted it would rain, but it's already around spring—summer is starting soon. So that probably explains the sky getting cloudier slowly. He began to fumble his pockets as he found a pack of cigarette, before popping one between his lips and lighting it and dumping the cig pack and lighter back into his pockets. A few minutes pass by, and until then Edd is done at the counter section as he struggles to carry out most the grocery bags. Tord spares a glance behind him at the clear glass windows, spotting Edd and his situation. He's already done with smoking, so he drops it on the concrete ground before crushing it hard with his foot, making sure the tip that was lit fades. He walks inside the store again, offering to help the brit as they quickly even out how many bags the two would carry. When they're out of the store, Edd notices the sky darken, "It's probably gonna rain today." and tord gave a short nod. "Maybe," he shrugged as they walked toward the car parked a few miles away from the district they were in. Once they're in the car, the ride back went as usual. With a few casual conversations exchanged between the two until they reached home. Edd was the first to get out of the driver's seat, since he was driving the car. Then walked behind the trunk to get the groceries out, Tord following him soon after.

Matt answered the door, allowing the two men step inside as Matt volunteered to take some of the bags from them. Once the two came to the living room, free in both hands, Edd slouched into the cough with a heavy sigh. "Ah, finally," he hummed. Tord didn't reply until he glanced at the wall clock, "We were out for 6 hours?"
"

Seems like it!" Matt said as he began to unpack the foodstuff with Tord. Edd looked exhausted but it quickly fadded away when he brings out a can of cola and  pulled it's tab, then chugging down a few long gulps. Tom is sitting on the armchair beside, taking a sip from his flask. The two exchange a small talk, and Tom gives off a sarcastic laugh. The Norwegian doesn't bother to care much about their conversation as he stacks up the food bought from the store into the cabinets. Soon after they're done, it's already half past 10 and Matt whines about how he has to head to the bed early for his longed 'beauty sleep' before going to his room. Edd is still boring his eyes into the brightly lit TV screen as tom is sitting beside him. Tord didn't waste any time in turning his heels around and waking back to his bedroom, bit all his way there felt himself slightly dread of the thought of sleeping. Today went well, but surprisingly awkward after Edd wrongfully assumed about something that never even happened. He's lost in thought by the time he's hitting the bedsheets. Immediately feeling his body relax beneath the soft fabric. He was tired, alright. He turns himself around so that he laying on his back, with arms behind his neck. He stared at the ceiling, feeling his lids heavy, he turns off the lights beside the bedside.

...

A/N: I'm starting school tomorrow. Expect updates to slow down once I publish some chapters this week :')
I'm glad I wrote like 5 more chapters in advance so I don't get writers block/busy with stuff and leave this story aaah. I'm hoping to finish this soon as possible and don't drag it out since I'm not really a fan of long fics nor writing one eeehh🕴🏽