fifteen

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
Meaningful

───────

Whoever is reading this message, it's from Akiyama Misa.

I expected my unknown disappearance would be a concern, considering you are trying to speculate if I am still alive. In all honesty, Orochimaru didn't intend any conflicts with me, nor he ever will. I am doing fine for the most part, and I have been on Sasuke's side since the beginning. I will sound absurd but, it's for the sake of Konoha's safety. Please do not send out any shinobi units to search for me because it can lead to another calamity between Konoha and Otogakure. One day, I will come back home.

Please wait for me.

The Hokage finished reading the letter. She puts down Misa's note on the flat surface of her desk. She sighs deeply, "Sai, when was this delivered?" Sai replies to her, "Today at 5 pm. A fellow Root member informed me that the letter came from the Sound Village. I figured it has to do with Orochimaru, but it turns out it was Misa. She is trying to convey that she isn't in any danger." He completely disclosed the attribution. "I am very relieved because this is the only update relating to the situation. But that doesn't stop there." Tsunade frowns. Sai understood and felt the same way as everyone else.

Ever since the tragic death of his brother, he found a friend who was no other than Misa. Sai realizes that the attachment makes his heartbreak of not seeing her because they didn't have more moments together. It was just the start. Shortly enough, Tsunade appreciates Sai for his cooperation. After dismissing him, she is left alone in her office. The woman feels confused and worrisome. She lets out a deep sigh. Her mind is racing with thoughts.

Tsunade remembers when confirming Misa's abduction to the Akiyama family. They were in utter shock. She has never seen them looked disillusioned. They're usually full of happiness, but it just goes to show that there will be a time where sadness can occur. Tsunade swore to them that she'd be doing her best to figure out everything.

Soon the afternoon sky says goodbye once the night welcomes itself. Naruto takes a stroll around the village so he can feel at peace. That other time when Shikamaru decided to cheer him up, it was the right thing to do because Naruto is thankful to overcome a solemn feeling that enclosed his throat. While he was walking in the busy, lit-up street, an angelic voice stutters out his name. "N-Naruto-kun." He whirls himself and comes face to face with Hinata.

She has a calm smile with blushing cheeks. "W-What are you up to?" The shy girl built some confidence to ask Naruto. He shrugs his shoulders, "Nothing much. I got out of my place and walk around the village." He tells her. Hinata nodded and took steps closer to stand next to him. "Y-You d-don't mind if I join you?" She asked politely. Naruto was a bit hesitant, but he initially let Hinata take a stroll with him. The Hyuga girl he knows is lovely yet can fight a bad man. Whenever she stumbles upon him, she would faint. Naruto thought she was being silly or dramatic but still cared if she was okay. Right now, Hinata seems less shy.

The two are alone by the docks, where they can see the moon's reflection from a navy blue lake. Naruto is enchanted, "It's gorgeous. I remember our team used to watch the sunset go away until the stars are out," he looks down at his folded hands, "if that will ever happen again." As his voice faded, Hinata feels sorry for him. Staying close with people that are more than just your friends is a powerful relationship. The Hyuga takes a deep breath and starts speaking, "I feel the same way as for my team. We're like a family. We stick together until the end of the line." After saying that her squad is dear to her, Naruto smiles.

"If only I could make him understand, we wouldn't be in this whole situation of our lives," Naruto spoke dryly. Hinata knew that he is referring to Sasuke. She blinks and has her opal eyes stare at the glowing moon. "He will eventually realize, Naruto-kun." Hinata puts out reassuringly. "How can you be so sure?" The Uzumaki gives her a puzzled look. Hinata cranes her neck to show her moonlit face, "It wouldn't be so easy but a chance for him to realize that he isn't alone, he can see that you're always there for him. I also believe that Misa-chan is slowly changing him." Her lips curl a smile that reflects a pure-hearted angel before his cerulean eyes.