five

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
Fatal

───────

It's so bright.

The boy puts a hand over his face to bind the radiant light. It is subdued when multiple faces of people start appearing before his sea-green eyes. He recognizes them; they are his loved ones and friends smiling at him. His hand reaches out for them but they all vanished like the wind. He began to question the mysterious place. "Is this heaven?" A silvery voice echoes.

The soft, luminous light slowly darkened.

They're back on track for the mission. The battle from earlier was a way to stall them so they can delay their plans. Luckily, nothing has happened yet but the group is still on the lookout for any suspicions. Misa has a sudden thought about Chiyo's story from that night. It was heartbreaking. A grandchild losing all innocence and hope decides to go against humanity as a sinner. She could see in the elderly woman's eyes showed dejection when talking about Sasori.

Kakashi is in the front and guiding the team to their destination. About a minute later, he picks up the sound of running water. He looks straight ahead and discovers that they have reached the Akatsuki hideout. "We're here." The man tells them but they aren't the only ones that have arrived. Naruto spots a new group and his lips etched a cheery smile. "Guy-sensei! Everyone!" He raises his voice to grab their attention.

The squad becomes elated when they heard him. "Naruto!" Guy, Lee, and Tenten shout his name out all delighted. Neji has a subtle smile when he sees the presence of his lover. Team 7 and Chiyo all landed on top of the liquid surface. Naruto has a content expression as he goes up to his friends. "You all have changed since I left." He commented with a chuckle. Everything feels so surreal to see them again just like the good old times.

A joyful smile plays on Misa's beautiful face and she skips her feet. Everyone turned their heads at her like they discover an angel from heaven. She delivers Tenten, Neji, and Lee big bear hugs. "I am so glad to see everyone here!" Her bubbly nature has made their faces glimmer of astonishment. The same sweet and adorable, Misa who always gives the best hugs. She also noticed Pakkun is with them. The girl bends down to pet his little head.

Guy begins to make sobbing noises and everyone stares at him all muddled. "MISA-CHAN!!!" He shouts at the top of his lungs and dashed his long legs to snatch the petite girl from his students. The man carries her like a child is in the arms of a father. "You are so precious! I will protect you at all damn cost!" His big tears were streaming down onto his face like a waterfall. Her friends, Kakashi, Chiyo, and even Pakkun can tell the poor girl doesn't know how to react. So she wraps her arms around Guy's neck. "You will do great of protecting me, sensei." Misa patted the back of his jet-black hair. The emotional Jōnin nodded "I will!" He solemnly swore.

The Taijutsu user gently puts Misa down and ruffles her soft head. "You have bloomed like a flower." He winked at her adding in his famous sunny smile. She giggles merrily "You're still the same, sensei." As in his buoyant energy.

Neji has a satisfied grin and walks over to bring the pink-haired beauty into an embrace. "Did you missed me?" His husky voice spoke in a soft tone. Sakura returns the embrace by encircling her arms around her handsome lover's waist. She buries her face into his broad chest "More than you think." She responded as a faint blush heated her face. Her heart flutters when Neji tightened his grip. The couple can hear in a short distance; Tenten and Misa squealing, Naruto is snickering mischievously, and Lee just emphasizes how love is youthful.

"They have a very special bond." Chiyo has spoken. She grows fond of their cordial interaction.

Standing next to her is Kakashi. He makes an eye-smile "Yes indeed." He answered shortly. Shortly after, the happy mood changes to focus on the situation. They all have their eyes on the humongous boulder in front of them. It has a tag imprinted on it to avoid any intruders trespassing. The paper reads FORBIDDEN. Naruto clenches his hands into fists and has a murderous glare with orange slit eyes. 'Gaara, hang on.' He assured that his friend will be rescued.