Part 18: Aftershock

Clyde had disappeared.

Angel was distraught, confused, and crying.

He called out Clyde's name several times but he was gone.

He heard saw a bright light outside the window, the same light that had taken Clyde away.

He ran outside, nearly tripping over his dress. The light had brightened up the entire city. Angel shielded his eyes and looked up. In the sky he saw a form, similar to an exterminator but clothed in white and eyes of fire. 

"Impossible" it spoke and hell shook mildly from its voice, shock evident.

It cupped its hands, and looked at them before it disappeared from sight, taking all of its light with it. Angel lost his vision for a second, stumbling around before holding on to a lamp post.

What the hell just happened? He wasn't the only one confused.

All of hell was in shock from the light and the enormous figure, rubbing their eyes from the pain. Charlie had ran out to her balcony to see the glowing figure, amazed at the Angel's appearance. What was an angel doing here? She had tried to call out but as soon as it had appeared it vanished in a state of surprise, shaking hell with its voice.

She gasped and backed up, running into Vaggie.

"What was an angel doing here Vaggie?" She yelled at her in shock.

"I- I don't know Charlie, but what if-" She held her tongue as Charlie widened her eyes.

"It can't be possible...wait how? No, no I don't think so.." She muttered as she ran her hand through her white hair.

"Why else would they come here?" Vaggie winced at her own suggestion.

"I don't know...I have to speak with my father," Charlie stood up straight and walked back into the hotel, "He might know something." She practically ran to her limo.

.................................

Angel hurried down the street before a limo pulled up. It was Jerry. He came out.

"Angel, have you seen Master McKinney?" He was in shock a bit still from the divine intervention but was extremely concerned for Clyde.

"Clyde has disappeared, a frickin' light came and took him away! I don't know where, then a fuckin angel showed up, I'm so confused!" Angel was close to a breakdown.

"Oh, okay, come inside, in the front seat then and calm down," He led the distraught Angel Dust to the passenger seat before getting in.

They drove through the streets, both trying to catch up with what has happened. Angel sighed loud.

"My only true friend, and he's gone..." He muttered.

"He was my god-son..." Jerry spoke soft, "I watched over him for them, when they passed," Jerry let a stray tear fall down.

Angel looked at him, "He told me the truth, y'know, about who he really is."

"I knew he would, Clyde tells me everything, I knew all his plans," He smiles a sad smile.

"Yeah...do you think that angel took him?" He tucks his knees to his chin, a river of tears ready to pour over.

"I have a suspicion." Jerry spoke as he drove to the hotel.

They come in the front door, Angel looking worse for wear. Husk was hiding under the bar. Niffty was trying to coax him out.

"It's okay, Husky, the angel isn't here anymore." She pet his head.

"Actually another Angel has arrived," Angel raised his hand, he wiped the tears away. Husk lets out a yelp and tucks his way under bar as far as he can. 

"No, there isn't Husky, its just Angel Dust," She pulls his tail a bit.

Jerry helped Angel sit down and he sat with him at small table, resting an arm on him, trying to comfort the distraught spider. 

Niffty sighed and gave up trying to pull Husk out before trotting over to Angel.

"Where's Charlie and Vaggs?" He asks softly.

"They went to see Charlie's dad, they want to know what happened. By the way, did you guys see that huge Angel outside?!" She widened her eyes in wonder.

Husk squeaked under the desk in terror. 

"Oh, sorry Husk," She cups her cheeks in worry.

"Yeah, I saw it alright, it took my best friend..." Angel let tears fall down.

"What?!" Niffty looked shocked.

"I don' wanna talk about it," He walked out of the room and upstairs to his room. He needed a lot of time alone. 

Jerry sighed and sat at the bar, noticing the terrified cat's tail shifting underneath. He sighed.

"I think I see a delivery man, looks like fresh German beer he's lugging by." He spoke absently.

Husk wriggled out from under the bar and quickly stood up, looking around.

"Where?!" He yelled.

"Husky! You're out!" Niffty squeaked in delight.

"Ah yes, could I get an ale please, I desperately need one," Jerry said, setting down a ten.

................................

Vox had seen the bright white atrocity outside, after having a heated discussion with the radio demon. He had him pinned to the wall, with Velvet pinned to the floor, when a light so radiant it burned their eyes lit up the room.

Vox wasn't affected too much with his digital eyes, looking out and adjusting his sight. A large white exterminator was staring out at all of Pentagram City, his eyes wide in what looked like surprise, a frown adorning his face. His eyes were like flames, he spoke one word.

"Impossible," And he was gone.

Vox had unknowingly been released while all was happening and he saw the radio man staring outside in confusion. Velvet was still pushing away a tentacle and Vox grabbed her hand.

"What the fuck was that?!" She yelled, bringing everything back to the present.

"I don't know, and honestly I don't care! I-"

"Shutup!" Alastor slammed his tentacle against Vox, pushing him against the wall once again.

He varied his options. He would deal with this later. He had a new interest.

"I'll be back later...I have more important matters to attend to," He spoke sharply before disappearing into the shadows, teleporting away. This divine encounter was unusual and important over a scrap of turf.

Vox growled angrily at the gall of the man, leaving so quickly over who know hell what. He didn't have a clue as to why an angel stepped foot in this world, and he couldn't be bothered to care. Vox stopped in his tracks, now remembering something. Where had he left Clyde? 

He ran out the door, Velvet yelling after him.

Art found: Diana (lucky_chandl) Chavez Razo (on ArtStation) 

https://lucky-chandl34.artstation.com/