Part 13: Shroud

Angel didn't see Cree for days, with Valentino booking him for appointments and the hotel littering his schedule with therapy sessions and activities he didn't have much time to himself. Cree also seemed to be busy with little to no texting during that time. Angel was having Cree withdrawals if he could call it that. He huffed as he sat during another group discussion with the hotel members and let out a long yawn. He couldn't move fast enough to the bar after the long session. 

"I need a Tequila Sunrise, please," He dropped his head on the bar after flopping on the seat.

Husk grunted and made the drink.

"What's eatin' you kid? Got dumped or somethin'?" He rolls his eyes, obviously not that interested.

"Nah, just a fuckin' long speech Vaggie squawked out today, I'm bored as hell," He squinted at table.

"Uhuh, here ya go, that'll be twenty," Husk huffed. Angel easily dished out the money.

He heard footsteps coming up and he knew who it was before they said a word. Those chipper light steps he knew anywhere.

"Good evening fine fellows! Quite a speech we got back there, very refined if I do say so myself!" He chirped jolly nonsense.

"Ugh, good evenin' to ya too Al, what do you want?" Angel glared at the nuisance.

"Why, same as you my dear, a fine refreshment would do. I'm parched. Husk my pal! Whiskey on the rocks please!" He nodded to the irritable cat.

"Yeah, yeah, hold the stick up your ass, I'm workin' on it," Husk grumbled.

Alastor smiled and turned towards Angel.

"So Angel, how have you been feeling?" He decided to make small talk. Angel wasn't in the mood.

"Cut the bullshit Al, like you care about how I'm feeling," He snapped at him.

"Ah, a bit upset I see," He sipped the iced drink that Husk set down.

Angel decided to ignore him.

"Is that precious Cree of yours treating you well? Or is your job becoming too much?" He smirked behind his glass.

Husk grumbled and rolled his eyes as he walked to the back door with a bottle of rum. Angel glared holes into the bar. Alastor was testing his limits on discussion and patronizing Angel at the same time. Alastor had no right digging into his business like this. Angel realized how protective and secretive he had become over Cree within a short time, it didn't shock him. 

He took a deep breath.

"Don't worry 'bout it ok?" He held his temper back, not wanting to make a scene. He didn't have the energy for it. He grabbed his drink and begin to leave the bar.

Alastor chuckled a bit, sipping his drink. 

"I'm sure he cares for you, more than you think.." Alastor spoke softly, but deviancy never leaving his voice.

Angel stopped in his tracks. How would he know that...Even Angel didn't know that. He turned to look at Alastor.

"Stay away from him," He sneered at him before walking off in a worse mood.

Alastor hummed a soulful tune, radio waves crackling in the background.

...........................

Vox had reeled through memories, feeling pain and anger sear through him. He allowed those locked files to be opened and sifted through, some memories more painful than the rest. His screen felt like cracking. He was not okay. He felt his heart ripped out more than once between each memory. He heard a knock at the door and growled.