Part 14: CRaSh

Vox had held Clyde close for over about an hour now, in complete shock. Clyde just waited patiently in his lap, reassuring the overlord. Vox had muttered incessantly, asking questions and touching his hair, looking at him and then hugging him. He had not expected such a genuine reaction from him, it surprised him and somehow it warmed him. He had lost all of his family and friends, except his dear Jerry, and hadn't met anyone else outside his old world since then. Vox was the only one who had recognized him and missed him greatly. He was a little touched. He sighed and touched the screen.

"Yes, I'm alive," He spoke softly.

"You-you never told me...you never told me.." the distorted voice spoke, broken.

"I'm sorry, I felt it was better to hide away, the next years exterminations would be searching for me if they knew I existed. I was on their quota, my closest servant led me away underground..." He explained.

Vox looked over Clyde, completely enthralled in his subtle changes, his hair was longer and more sleek, his eyes had faded to a darker blue, his ears softened. He was beautiful as ever. He felt a pull at his hand. Clyde had grabbed his hand.

"Come on, I have a place." He pulled him to a small area where the elevator was.

Vox followed, his sad eyes brightening as he watched him type a code. He studied the young man in awe as they went underground, coming to a beautiful room with sleek flooring and elegant décor. He knew that Clyde was smarter than many others he had seen or watched. He was always amazed by Clyde, a keen factor as to why he chose him. He began to smile as he took it in. Of course he had an underground home. Smart, so very smart.

"My dear, you amaze me, what a place," He gaped at the enormous fish tank.

"Yeah, well, I like it." He smirked, "My dad had a thing for the classical Victorian stuff, I preferred the sleek and smooth design myself. My fault for being a gamer I guess," he laughed a bit.

Vox felt his heart lift.

"I received your letter, you kept my love poem," He watched Clyde's every move, unconsciencly recording him in his mind.

Clyde looked up, "Of course I did, it was always with me," He looked away.

Vox had never wanted another so much. Clyde gave him a tour of his home.

..............................

Alastor had received an alert from the small pager Clyde had given him.

Their plan was underway, now it was all smooth talk and following along.

Success was inevitable.

................................

Angel was getting antsy, he hadn't seen Cree for over a week and had gotten vague responses by text. He was getting fed up. He finally had a day off today and he was going to find out what happened to his favorite client. He had tried calling Cree a few times and there was no answer. He didn't like this at all.  He tapped his foot in irritation as he packed a small bag and headed to the street. He hailed a cab and told him the address of Cree's home. He was going to find out what happened to him, he was tired of this bullshit.

He made it there in ten minutes, his frustrated sighs echoed as he walked up to the broken house in a rush. He knocked on the door but didn't hear an answer and knocked again after a few minutes. He decided to try the door and found it unlocked. No one was inside, but Angel knew Cree was underground somewhere. He walked to the small box that opened to a keypad. Angel had secretly been watching Jerry type it in and memorized the password, he almost finished typing it when the elevator opened. Jerry stood there.