Part 17: Finality is Fate

Angel was getting dolled up for the event taking place tonight. He had no idea what was happening or where exactly but Angel was all for the element of surprise. He added a hint of blush and dabbed on a bit more mascara. He was going to look flawless. Anything for Cree.

Cree had sent a message earlier to tell him to wear something beautiful and elegant makeup. He had obeyed him. Maybe they would go out on a date or something and he wanted to look alluring as he possibly could without losing class. He chose a a straight across high low dress that was black on the bust and waist with the skirt an elegant red that was long in the back and cut shorter in the front. The skirt sparkled with red glitter.  He decided a large black bow on his hair would complete the look along with black heeled ankle boots. He looked cute as hell.

He didn't skip a beat when he heard Jerry knock on his door, flouncing out the open door like a girl going to prom for the first time. Jerry smiled and followed him out.

"Hi Jerrs, nice lil getup huh?" He turned and practically twirled.

"You look very lovely, Mr. Dust, very professional," He nodded his head.

"Aw thank ya, where we headed anyways?" He walked with Jerry to the car.

"Ah, a club I believe." He spoke soft.

"Which one?"

Jerry closed the door and went to the drivers side.

"You'll see, my friend, but I'll warn you now, this event won't be what you expect."

Angel stopped and stared at Jerry, confused. Jerry looked at the road.

What did he mean?

....................................

Vox gave a kiss to Clyde's hand before walking away, he had to get into position. Clyde walked to the sound booth, turning the music to something classy. Valentino would be here soon and he had to give nothing away. The club was empty, as request by the most important overlords in hell. He was dressed to the nines, wanting to look his greatest for the best day of his life. Second to the day he found out Clyde was alive. His eyes moved around the large room, tables and chairs were removed, save for one table, and he saw just a mere shadow rush by.  The ridiculous radio man was hiding around somewhere. He didn't trust him still but didn't question anything more. Velvet was nearby as well, it brought him some kind of comfort as well as his beloved Clyde watching him from the stand.

He smiled and tapped his foot to the music nervously. This would work.

He heard a door close outside and in walked Valentino, dressed in his best coat and hat. He smoked a pipe and was astonished to see not a single demon but Vox in the club. He gave a large smile. 

"My my, baby, rented the whole place out for lil ol' me? Someone is really beggin' to be laid tonight." He stared at the tv man, lust in his eyes.

"Of course, Val. I had to make it up to you the best I can. You're favorite club with the two of us." He grinned wide, giving nothing away.

Vox offered his arm and Val took it, being led to the simple table with candles and a bottle of wine. Vox didn't hesitate to pour Val a glass. 

"Look, baby, remember that little disagreement we had a while back," Val grabbed Vox's hand and let his claws glide over his fingers.

"Yes, I remember clearly," Vox winced internally and Val took a drink.

"Well, I'm not trying to prod ya, but I never heard an apology...don't expect anything without setting the record straight." He was pushing Vox, and as much as Vox wanted to fight back he yielded.