Five..✨

Doors opened and closed with a bang with a gust of wind.

Shehnaaz was on a wheelchair, waiting in front of the room... though she wasn’t  feeling weak, but the nurse insisted.
She pushed her into the wheelchair, strapped a belt around her waist and then wheeled her into an elevator and took her to another floor, where she took her weight on a weighing machine..did some check-ups, then walked over to the receptionist’s corner, picked up a file and then wheeled her inside the previous room.

(Her cabin was a large, airy room, furnished with one TV set and one bed. There was an attached washroom on either side of the room. Her bed faced a large French window that showed her the world beyond the hospital. She could see a thick growth of trees, tall buildings, dark grey clouds and few birds chirping there.)

Rita aunty ka beta...Sidharth...Meri kaisi bonding hogi us k saath... thought Shehnaaz looking outside the window...

Bhut emotional ho raha tha vo kl...Shayad hmari company ki deal finalize ho gyi hogi toh hm saath m kaam kr rhe honge..toh hmari jaan phchaan ho gyi hogi and hm friends bn gye honge.....hmmm yhi hua hogaa..

One of the nurse returned, bringing her a hospital gown.
“Ye lo..change kr lo..” she said with a slight smile on her lips..
Aur hn..agr kuchh chahiye toh y lo ..and handed her a gadget that looked like a remote control for the TV...isko Press kr dena... One of us will come to you... she said
Shehnaaz nodded in hmm and Nurse walked out of the room.

Visiting hours shaam ko kyu hn...m bore ho ri hu...ghr jaana h... whispered Shehnaaz closing her eyes....

A nurse entered and woke her up ...took her arm and pricked a syringe into it.

There was nothing much to do after this. She looked out the window once again – at the clouds, the trees and the rain. She remembered the remote control and pressed the call button. The nurse walked in.

“What happened..koi problem h?”

“kuchh nhi” said Shehnaaz..

“Fir button kyu press kiya...Asked Nurse raising her eyebrows...”

“Vo toh bs ainvyi...check kr ri thi..kaam krta bhi hai y nahi...Shehnaaz giggled...”

Nurse looked at her with a flash of warning in her eyes and left.

After taking medicines , Shehnaaz felt sleepy and went to sleep...

When she woke up, it was past five pm. The visiting hour was here. Her parents , Brother and Rita Maa were there to meet her...

Ksi ho beta...asked S_mom sitting beside her...holding Shehnaaz's hands ...

M theek hu Mummy ..mujhe kya hua..dekho ekdm badhiyaa...Said shehnaaz with a slight dull smile on her face....

Mujhe ghr jaana h....said Shehnaaz

S_dad - But beta..tmko kl discharge krenge vo log....abhi nhi kr skte..

Shehnaaz - Kr skte hn..m bilkul theek hu...dekho...chl bhi skti hu khud se..
she stood up from her bed and tried to walk...But felt darkness in front of her.. she held her head with both of her hands and immediately sat up on bed again..

Just then Doctor entered and Shehbaaz asked him - Hm ab isko ghr le jaa skte hn ?

Doctor - We were about to discharge her tomorrow..but I think she will be more relaxed at home..u can take her home...bs aap paper works complete kr dijiye....and  take care of few things..I will tell you..come with me...

S_dad , Shehbaaz and Doctor started going towards the gate when doctor asked where is Mr. Shukla which didn't go unheard by Shehnaaz ?

Shehnaaz's heart skipped a beat listening "Mr. Shukla"...she didn't know why but she felt like crying listening his name...