More than friends (niki)

Requested by iliterallyloveu i hope you enjoy!!

The movie had been playing for a while, and despite the action that was happening on the screen, you felt your eyes start to close, head falling onto Niki's shoulder. She tensed up, before relaxing and putting an arm around you, giggling when you snuggled even closer. A hand ran through your hair, and you sighed in content, warm and comfy.

You could never do anything like this with anyone other than Niki.

On the brink of falling asleep, you almost jolted when soft lips kissed your head. She pulled you closer to her, sighing. "You're asleep, right?" she whispered into your ear, and you stayed still, breathing slowly and keeping your eyes closed. You didn't know what possessed you to lie about being asleep, but Niki sounded different, almost nervous about something. Taking a deep breath, she prepared herself to speak. "I like you."

Still pretending to be asleep, you prayed that she couldn't hear your heartbeat, which was going way faster than it should of.

"Oh my god. I like you," she repeated, almost in awe of what she was saying. There was a pause, as if she was thinking. "Since that-since that one day where we went shopping." Interlocking both of your fingers together, she rubbed her thumb across your hand, the motion comforting.

The movie was now background noise, your ears blocking out everything except her voice.

"You bought us matching keyrings, remember? I-I don't know why, but when you handed it over, you were so excited and...well, feelings appeared, I guess?"

You remembered that. It had taken you two hours to find something you wanted to give to her, and in the end, you weren't even sure if the keyring was a good present. But the way she lit up when she saw the matching keyrings, eyes widening in delight and cradling it in her hands like it was made of glass-well, you weren't going to forget that anytime soon.

"Wait, you got this...for me? I-I'll keep it safe, don't worry!"

"But it doesn't matter, cause we're just friends-"

"No!" you blurted out, forgetting that you were meant to be asleep. Sitting up and facing her, you blushed, fidgeting and staring at your hands. "U-uh, what I mean is, uh-"

Niki watched you stutter over your own words for a few seconds. "Fuck it." Leaning in, she grabbed your face and kissed you, pulling away and then resting against your shoulder, taking deep breaths. You completely froze, brain trying to decode what just happened, flushing bright red when it all hit you at once. Steam was practically coming out of your ears, and you covered your face, smiling so hard your face hurt.

"I think I should pretend to sleep more often."

(A/N-i woke up this morning to 100 notifications from wattpad :0 thank you sm everyone!! also my word document where I write everything has reached 121 pages and 43343 words

(A/N-i woke up this morning to 100 notifications from wattpad :0 thank you sm everyone!! also my word document where I write everything has reached 121 pages and 43343 words...wow)