Trapped (dream)

Obsidian boxed you in, suffocating. Blood covered a few, from your failed attempts at escape. Damn, mining fatigue III really did make breaking anything impossible, especially with your fists. You choked back a sob, everything hurting all at once. This cell wasn't made for you-it didn't even have your name written on the sign.

Suddenly, the lava flow in front of your cell stopped, and you glanced up. A smiley face mask glared back at you.

Oh.

He moved forward, leaning on the bars of your prison casually as if he hadn't been the one to throw you in himself. He looked at the sign, laughing. "I guess I should replace the sign, huh?" You glared at him, averting your gaze from that stupid, stupid mask. This cell was made for him, he was meant to be trapped in here, not you. You moved towards your bed, hoping to just hide under the covers and not have to see the mask glinting at you.

An arrow swished past your face, grazing your nose. "Look at me when I'm talking to you," Dream ordered. You sat back down, watching fearfully as he put down his bow. "Good."

"W-what do you want?" you asked, sounding much more confident than you felt. You shrank back when he leant in, and he finally took off his mask, a smirk already on his face.

"I want you to behave," he answered simply, fingers tip-tapping the bars.

"Why would I?" you retorted, feeling a lot safer than you would've if you weren't in an obsidian box. He wouldn't be able to break in either, so you weren't going to get killed anytime soon.

"Oh, come on. No one else is going to look after you the way I can. You betrayed them for me, and now you're trying to act all innocent?" he scoffed at you.

"I-you used me."

"It was just too easy." He leant in even further, until his face poked through the gaps in the bars, grinning at you. Shuffling back, you continued to stare into his eyes. You wouldn't let him win this stupid mind game he was playing.

"So leave me alone then. I've done what you want-you have everything now! You have control, you don't need me anymore! Everyone h-hates me, I don't know what you want!" you couldn't help but sniffle, the image of your own father practically disowning you. Even your brother. He had already made you lose everything, so why did he insist on coming back?

Dream ender pearled through the bars, teleporting next to you and lifting up a hand to stroke your face gently. He wiped away the tears falling down your face, shushing you. And as much as you wanted to run away, you leaned into his touch, letting him rub away your tears that just wouldn't stop. His other hand joined, clasping your face in his hands. He looked at you with an unreadable expression on his face. "I want you, with me."

Your eyes widened. "B-but you didn't actually like me. You even said, you used me to just get power!"

"That's what I thought. But I've come to miss you, you know? A lot. I want you to rule with me."

Your face still in his hands, you frowned. Everything was too much. Too confusing. He stroked your hair tenderly, and you felt even more puzzled.

He shushed you. "Don't think about it too hard. Let me do the thinking. You can just be by my side. No one can hurt us."

He leant in and kissed you, and you faintly registered something being slipped into your mouth, a small capsule going down your throat. You didn't fight it. What could you really do anyway, with no weapons, no armour and mining fatigue? Your eyelids started to close involuntarily.

"No one will hurt us," Dream whispered down your ear, and you shuddered, finally falling unconscious.

(A/N-dream in the smp is hella manipulative lol)