Nothing is sweeter than you (quackity)

Hours of work stared at you, mixing bowls piled recklessly on top of each other, the icing already stuck to every surface-including your boyfriend, who looked completely exhausted. You laughed at him, while he gave you a glare. "It's not funny!" he pouted, trying to act sad to get sympathy.

You raised your eyebrow, already throwing dishes into the sink to wash up later. Cleaning up could wait.

Staring at your creation lovingly, you went to grab a knife to slice it, but Alex stopped you. You frowned, and he smirked at you. "I wouldn't be a gentleman if I didn't serve you first."

You facepalmed. "As if you care about being a gentleman."

"Excuse me?" he answered, holding a hand up to his chest as if wounded. "Anyways, sit, I wasn't very helpful when you were baking."

Raising an eyebrow, you obliged, remembering every single time he disturbed you while you were just trying to bake. Like...when he threw flour at your face and laughed, or when he started to eat the batter instead of pouring it into the tins, or when he smeared icing on your face-the list went on and on.

However, fondness for this idiot-your idiot grew in your heart as you watched him hum a song (probably the iCarly theme song) while he sliced you both some cake. He handed it to you with a dramatic bow, grinning. You accepted, noticing that he had given you the bigger slice, and the slice with the most strawberries.

"Simp," you muttered under your breath, ignoring the warmth flowing through your body. You felt so loved, even if he was a little obnoxious sometimes.

"HEY-I heard that!" Alex gasped in mock pain, dipping a finger into his cake and rubbing it onto your nose.

"What happened to being a gentleman?" you retorted, doing the same to him.

You stared at each other, pretending to be angry until you both burst out into laughter, his hand reaching over and linking with yours. Leaning in, he gently kissed you.

"Yeah."

"What?"

"You're better than this cake."

"Idiot."

(A/N i love this man)