Rain, rain, go away (wilbur)

Wilbur sighed, and you looked up, concerned, until he pointed to the window. "Raining."

"Again?" You closed your book, chucking it onto a table nearby. You knew England was bad with weather, but a week of just rain? Really? "We can't even do anything..."

Wilbur furrowed his brows, fidgeting with his fingers until he suddenly smiled, already reaching out a hand towards you. You gave him a look, but took his hand anyway. Whatever weird plan he had was better than just sitting inside anyways. He gave your hand a reassuring squeeze, telling you silently that he had a good idea.

Rain hit the back of your neck, and you shivered, water droplets already dripping off your nose. "Wilbur..."

He laughed, somehow still bright and happy even when his shirt was sodden. "Just enjoy it!" he answered, kicking a few stones. The beach was empty, considering the fact that it was pouring it down, and only nutcases would go out when the weather was like this.

And apparently, you were now a nutcase.

Wilbur stood in front of you, bowing down and kissing your hand. "May I have a dance?"

You laughed, trying to ignore the heat emitting from your face. This man still managed to make you like this even after a year. "Of course."

He brought you close, one hand holding yours and the other at your waist. Neither of you knew how to properly dance, both stumbling through an attempted recreation of the waltz. Even though you two were definitely not doing it right, it still felt romantic. Stumbling over the rocks, you carried on with your dance, laughing when Wilbur tripped up over his own feet.

He moved his hand onto your face, gently tilting it up towards him. Your laughter halted, and you leant in.

Somehow, even though it was cold, and the rain was still seeping through your clothes, and your hands were turning numb; it was the best kiss you had ever experienced.

(A/N-did i write this fic just because I'm tired of England just being cold and rainy and I wanted to make something cute-yes, yes I did)