|ღ| Owls |ღ|

╔═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Request:

"So like since (Y/n) loved owls since they were children, when Norman soon took on the identity of William Minerva, he decided to make an owl the main animal for his books in the future. In this story just pretend before that Minerva's animal for the front cover wasn't an owl."

Type: Fluff

Warnings: None

Au's: None

Spoilers: Manga - mentions of chapter 74 and beyond

A/N: I thought this one was super cute and fun to write aaa ùwú
Also, I finished the artwork for the Two Kingdoms Apart series, so hopefully I'll have the 2nd part published soon :)

Art Credit: l-oose (@l_oosejuan) on Twitter

╚═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╝

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

♡Throughout their childhood, (Y/n) always talked about owls. She loved animals and read a lot about them, so when she stumbled upon that creature in one of the books in the library she was immediately fascinated by the unique creature.

♡She talked about them all the time, whether it was giving out random facts about them to everyone or just taking about how she wanted one as a pet one day. No one seemed to really mind or care, except for one person.

♡Norman was truly the only person that payed attention to everything she said about them. While she would blabber on everyone would get exasperated - he, however, just listened while watching her with a soft, loving look in those sky blue eyes of his.

♡He honestly found it super adorable that she loved owls so much, and he always adored how happy she looked when talking about them. The albino began to like owls as well, merely from how much she mentioned them and her own love for them.

♡When he started discussing some facts with her about the creatures after reading up on them, she practically lit up like a little kid in a candy store. It melted his heart how excited she got and how eager she was to talk more with him about them - it only made him want to read more on the creature.

♡Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. Once the reality of the orphanage came into view, the topic of owls wasn't on any of their minds so much anymore - he'd be lying if he said he was sad to no long have those chats with her, even if there was more important matters.

♡Even though that subject faded away a long time ago, it was still fresh in his mind when he escaped Lambda. (Y/n) never left his head after he was shipped out, which meant their careless conversations over her favorite avian never left, either.

♡When he took the position of William Minerva and continued his legacy, he changed the cover of the book. The books he was writing for new information and future uses now held a beautiful, barred owl on the cover - a reminder of the girl he fell in love with that always talked about them.

♡From then on he kept the covers as owls, changing the type for each one - a barred owl, then a barn owl, then a ogygoptynx, and so on and so forth. Each cover would have a different owl on it, all from the memory of her telling him all the different kinds.

♡Honestly, Norman tends to doodle owls a lot now on the margins of pages. He genuinely misses (Y/n) and her talking so excitedly about them so much - he missed the simple days where she was joyful without a care in the world. He only prayed she was safe and escaped with the others.

♡When that time came that they all showed up, he was beyond ecstatic - especially when seeing a head of (H/c) hair peek through the doorway. Immediately the pearly haired boy was tackled to the floor in a hug that he accepted wholeheartedly.

♡The first thing Norman showed her, of course, was the owl covers for the books he made. Oh how he adored seeing that familiar sparkle in her beautiful (E/c) eyes while she shifted through the various new books he created over the past two years.

♡Norman felt lovestruck all over again as like old times she began to chatter enthusiastically about how she loved the covers, and also spewed out facts about each specific one she stumbled on - yes, he definitely missed this.

♡Finally, he popped a question that made her halt and eyes widen to the size of saucers. "I managed to tame an owl as a pet, since some were roaming around in here. Would you like to meet him?" Right after he asked that he was squeezed in a hug and met with squealing of the word 'yes!' over and over again.

♡Norman could only watch with a gentle gaze as she fawned over the owl on the perch before her. It was a sight that made his heart swell with pride and joy knowing that he made the right decision getting one of them as a pet for when she would arrive.

♡Hesitantly, she looked over like a child asking their mother for permission. "Can I pet him?" She asked while practically bouncing on her feet, which made a chuckle sound from him. "I don't see why not. Be gentle, though." He added on the last part, merely because of the way she was shaking from how happy she was.

♡"Their feathers are so much softer than I would've imagined..." (Y/n) mumbled in amazement while her fingers glided over the owl's feathers in a petting motion, who only seemed to watch her curiously. "I love him already." She then added on joyfully while grinning over her shoulder at the male behind her.

♡Norman gave a sweet, close eyed smile at her reaction and let her play with and observe the owl. He was merely happy to have the (Y/n) he knew back, even if they had both changed - it was nice to see her happy over such a simple thing once more.

♡"There's more owls all over the hideout, though they aren't tame. So, i wouldn't recommend trying to pet one."

♡"Really?! What're we still doing in here then? Let's go!!"

♡He watched her run out of the room with a relaxed gaze, not able to help the way his heart hammered in his chest as he followed after her.

♡Yeah, he definitely missed his owl girl.