FINAL CHAPTER

Jeffrey's POV

It's a quiet afternoon. I feel so relieved. It's the first in a long time that I get to go home early. Everything was so hectic at the office. Everyone needs my opinion, needs my decision. I did became so tired of this shit. Can I just give up?

I know I can't.

I'm just driving, excited to be home. As usual, it's traffic along EDSA, but it doesn't matter anymore. I'm just glad I can go home without any work in mind. I feel so relaxed amidst the bumper to bumper traffic in the busiest street in Metro Manila.

What a comfy bed. The white linens, the soft pillows, the jasmine scent of the room, everything is so relaxing. It's like I'm in a different world, but I'm just in my room. After a sumptuous meal and a hot shower, stretching my arms and legs while laying in bed with my Superman pyjamas on is nothing but heaven to me. I can do this forever.

Knock. Knock.

I did not even bother to move. But I can hear it clearly.

Knock. Knock.

Still, I'm in a different world.

But then I hear her voice. I smiled. I was excited to see her. I then jumped out of bed and rushed to the door.

It's my little angel. My Princess.

"Daddy!"

I lift her up like I always do. She's getting taller and taller everyday. She already ten, but she's still my baby.

"Hi my Princess! I missed you, how was school, how was your day?"

"It was great Daddy. I'm so happy I get to see you today."

I felt happy and sad hearing her say that. Happy because she's the love of my life and I always wanted to hear her voice. Sad because I don't get to see her often. Fuck work.

She has a lot of stories. I just listened. I'm happy she enjoys school. I'm happy she has lots of friends. I'm happy she ate fruits and veggies at lunch. I'm happy she's in my life.

Princess looks a lot like her Mommy. Whenever I look at her, I remember Tricia. I remember how happy we were the time when she was born. We we're married, but she had became more of a friend. My confidant. We both knew that we can never be the power couple that we were, but we stood beside each other as friends. We were happy that way. All that mattered that time was our little Princess Isabelle. But sadly, after five years, Tricia passed away shortly after I lost my Mom.

Fuck cancer.

Phone ringing. It's my assistant.

And just as I thought that I'm free, work keeps coming back for me. When will this end?

"That's okay Daddy, I know it's important."

And she said that with her beaming smile. Melts my heart every time. She's an angel.

Blah. Blah. Blah. Problems as usual. Everything is urgent. And they need my opinion. Why am I even paying these people when I feel like I'm handling all the stuff? Sigh.

And just like that, my heaven collapsed.

As I sat in bed hearing all the problems of my company, I noticed my princess gone. She might have gone tired of waiting. I felt sad. So I stood up, still holding my phone, and planned to go search for her outside my room.

But I saw the light opened in my walk-in closet. Someone's going through my things. I know it's her. So I slowly look on what she has found.

And then I heard the sound. I'm still on the found, but the sound is very clear to me. A familiar sound that I haven't heard or dare to make for so many years, ten years to be exact. It felt like my heart skipped a beat.