Chapter 2

Newts POV

Despite the weirdness of the situation, at Frypan's words, I burst out laughing while Minho started sputtering excuses. "Wha- N-no! I didn't!" His face was bright red, making me laugh harder, and believe him less. 

"Calm down Minho, it was a joke." Alby said, although he was trying not to laugh as well. "While I'm glad I got to see it, why did I need to be here for that? It was about Minho." Gally said, leaning back in his chair. "Well, that was only the first tape. Here." Alby picked another one up. "This one say's 'Cooking with Gally'." Alby took out the old tape, but then set the other one down.

"Actually, maybe we should watch these later. We have jobs we should be doing, and if they don't get done, there wont be any dinner." Alby said. I agreed, but Minho of course, started complaining. 

"Come on, we see me get pied in the face, but we have to wait to watch any more? That's stupid."

"How do you know you wont get pied in the face again in the next one?" Fry pointed out. Minho was silent for a moment before jumping up and saying; "Wow, look at the time, I better get back to helping Winston, I'll see you guys later!" Before running out. 

I sighed, but stood up as well. "I did promise Zart I'd help in the gardens after sorting through the stuff. We can meet after dinner each day to watch a tape before we go to bed. It probably is the best time anyway, since all of us'll be done working." Alby nodded, and stood up as well. 

"Then we'll meet after dinner." He turned to Frypan. "Fry, go tell Minho before you get back to the kitchen." "Good thing I needed to stop for some meat anyway." Fry said, standing up with Gally. As the two left, I thought I saw their hands brush, but it was probably nothing. After all, I'm pretty sure Gally hates everyone. 

I looked over at Alby, who was putting the tapes back into the crate, minus the one we would watch tonight. He put that one on top of the TV. I limped over, and began to help. "That boy Thomas seemed familiar." I said to Alby as we put the last tape away. He shrugged. "I guess. I was thinking the same about that girl Jace. Something about her voice gives me that home feeling I'd wanted when I first got here."

"Do you think she'll come up in the box?" I asked, sitting back. Again Alby shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. We've never had a girl before, but who knows. Maybe she could he the first." He stood up, and offered his hand, which I took, letting him pull me up. 

"Anyway, we need to get to work. We can talk more about it later." Alby said, and left. I looked over at the TV. "I hope I get to see her face in one of these." I thought.